Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order a jb4 from burger so once I get a chance to do some baselines with the dragy I’ll see what the jb4 adds. Looked like some impressive numbers they’re claiming from the GV80 2.5t runs they got posted.

Hopefully someone will make a nice intake for it too. That turbo will whoosh a little if you pull the filter and hit it just right. 😂🤣. I’m gonna have so much fun with this little guy. I’ve been wanting one since the first concept was released years ago.

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
35 Posts
Please let us know how it goes. I will be looking at a tuner at some point in the future.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any updates?
I got the new motherboard but my trucks at the dealership. Went today to go pick it up and the paint work that the shop they use did was horrendous so it’s headed back. This guy says in a day he’ll have this fixed and I know that’s never going to happen so we’ll see when I get it back.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Gas cap had a chip in it.
Mine did as well. It appeared to have been paint penned at the factory ... but why wouldn't they just replace it with an unmarred one? It's a small bolt-on part! Dealer said they're going to get it properly repaired for me though. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
Black Limited
179 Posts
Mine did as well. It appeared to have been paint penned at the factory ... but why wouldn't they just replace it with an unmarred one? It's a small bolt-on part! Dealer said they're going to get it properly repaired for me though. We'll see how that goes.
What's your SC's color?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s what I told them, they had another black Santa on the lot. Told them go take that gas cap and swap it out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any updates on the tuner yet?
Any updates on the tuner yet?
It’s been installed for a week or so now and I’ve been data logging and sending it to burger. Runs good, map 1 and 2. No check engine lights and definitely increased the power. The wife noticed as soon as she drove it. My buddy has a tuned Giulia TI and it keeps up with it no problem, off the line still sucks so hopefully burger can get that figured out. I’m mostly in map 2 and it’s been good, about 500 miles on it with the tuner so far.

We’re going to have some 13 second Santa cruzes running around really soon I’d bet.

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
128 Posts
Are you able to build boost at a stand still with the jb4? Apparently your not able with stock. I unfortunately wasn't able to try this before mine was brought back to the dealer. It sounds exciting though. Oh I see you said it still sucks off the line....Hopefully they can figure that out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe a tad but nothing significant yet.

Are you able to build boost at a stand still with the jb4? Apparently your not able with stock. I unfortunately wasn't able to try this before mine was brought back to the dealer. It sounds exciting though. Oh I see you said it still sucks off the line....Hopefully they can figure that out.

Attachments

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
150 Posts
Does this mod change the mpg?
Does it invalidate the warranty?
Just trying to find out what, if any, expectations I should have.
Thanx.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve been getting anywhere from 34-37mpg on the highway with cruise control on. Around town it’ll get around 25-27 if I’m not pushing it hard.

Warranty…. JB4 comes off easily so that’s what I’ll be doing if it has to go in for anything. 10-15 minutes and you can take it all off.
That being said, I had my G70 tuned and they never gave me a problem. My first genesis coupe was done also and they never gave me a hard time with that one too. But not all dealers are the same so I’d take it off for service.

Does this mod change the mpg?
Does it invalidate the warranty?
Just trying to find out what, if any, expectations I should have.
Thanx.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts