Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
You could save money ordering thru U-Haul. They have 2: a curt hitch $235, and a draw-tight $260. I ordered the curt first, attempted installation, but didn't realize it was bent until I got the driver's side on and couldn't get the passenger (muffler) side close enough to pull the bolts in. Returned it to U-Haul locally. They gave me a price of $76 to install. Ordered with installation. Approximately $360 installed. They got/installed the Draw-Tight. You will need the pug and play harness (4 pin) at $135 from Hyundai. A seven pin is available for the cruz, but it's actually for a Kia. See other posts for this on this forum. Good Luck!

Premium Member
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Prem, White / gray

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could save money ordering thru U-Haul. They have 2: a curt hitch $235, and a draw-tight $260. I ordered the curt first, attempted installation, but didn't realize it was bent until I got the driver's side on and couldn't get the passenger (muffler) side close enough to pull the bolts in. Returned it to U-Haul locally. They gave me a price of $76 to install. Ordered with installation. Approximately $360 installed. They got/installed the Draw-Tight. You will need the pug and play harness (4 pin) at $135 from Hyundai. A seven pin is available for the cruz, but it's actually for a Kia. See other posts for this on this forum. Good Luck!
Thanks @roadrush51 for the input - I decided to go OEM as I've heard horror stories about a few of the 3rd party hitches...particularly about early rusting. Willing to pay the extra doll hairs for the OEM products.

Registered
2022 Limited
My OEM hitch has been riding around in the bed for a couple weeks. A buddy and I are installing it on Sunday. He鈥檚 a gear head so I anticipate it going smoothly. Kia 7-pin harness should arrive next week. I needed a trailer brake so I didn鈥檛 go with the OEM 4-pin, but I suspect the eventual OEM 7-pin will be the same model as the Kia one but with a Hyundai sticker slapped on it, haha.

Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
Howdy,

Just place an order for the OEM hitch and OEM harness for my SC. Ordered it from Hyundai Accessories and Hyundai Parts | Free Shipping | Hyundai Shop. $649.99 shipped.

I plan to install it myself as it looks pretty straight-forward.
If it's not to late to change your order, check the prices using the link below. It's the dealership I bought my car from and I got the OEM hitch through that site. You potentially could save around $150.

Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
Can anyone offer any insight as to the amount of protrusion and ground clearance between the OEM, Curt and Draw-Tite? From pics, I prefer the look of the OEM, but do not like the position of the wiring mount.

Ideally, I wish Stealth Hitches made one for the SC. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so they advertise 5k towing but have no hitch? Wow. I鈥檓 looking for a limited because I like the blacked out look. So even this trim has no hitch so I will need to add one?
Yep. No factory hitch. But you can buy the OEM hitch and OEM wiring harness. I'm expecting deliver of mine any day now.

Reactions: JMII and Dun4791

Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
I love how other people have nothing better to do than concern themselves with how other people choose to spend their money.
I really don't care, but I always look for Value when I buy something.... This may not be important to you or others... There are times when you need to pay a premium to get something you want because of a supplier or availability issue. This (the hitch) is not that time..

Registered

Registered
Cause I care that to many people are getting ripped off by the SC experience..
With that line of thinking, we should have all bought the Maverick. 馃ぃ

Reactions: Dun4791
1 - 20 of 77 Posts