Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
832 Posts
In case you haven't noticed, they're getting hosed too. Nature of the market these days..
Who got hosed? Did you pay too much? :oops:

·
Registered
832 Posts
MSRP with no extras, but that can't be said for many here..
...which brings us right back around to @Silky Smoove original statement: "I love how other people have nothing better to do than concern themselves with how other people choose to spend their money." 🤷‍♂️ ;)

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
...which brings us right back around to @Silky Smoove original statement: "I love how other people have nothing better to do than concern themselves with how other people choose to spend their money." 🤷‍♂️ ;)
OK, Lets stop pissing at each other. I see you put the OEM roof rails on your SC. A solid choice as the design and quality seems there when you could have done aftermarket for half the price. I get it, and I'll likely do the same when the prices for OEM parts come out of the stratosphere....I don't like being abused $$ wise just because..

·
Registered
832 Posts
OK, Lets stop pissing at each other. I see you put the OEM roof rails on your SC. A solid choice as the design and quality seems there when you could have done aftermarket for half the price. I get it, and I'll likely do the same when the prices for OEM parts come out of the stratosphere....I don't like being abused $$ wise just because..
My intention was more like friendly banter, but maybe you see it differently? The OEM roof rails come stock on the Limited trim; not sure about the lesser trim levels. If you are referring to crossbars, I have none; and don't intend to have any as I don't have a need for them but it is nice to know they are there if wants/needs change.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mean't crossbars.... I have the rails, but Kayak season is still a bit in the future so I'll bide my time on these.
I could see where they would come in handy for that, as that fits your use case scenario. That's the thing I love about the SC: people can outift is as they see fit for overlanding, camping, kayaking, boating, etc. Me, I got it for 95% commuting, and 5% for when I need to haul something; as well as the different and innovative design.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I love how you guys pay double for a common part that is easily installed.... Guess that's why my other car is a Porsche. Carry on.
@modshack - Hope all is well. Apologies, just catching up on all the banter regarding my post. Are you suggesting the OEM hitch and harness are not worth the cost? Or that I paid too much for the OEM hitch and harness?

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
@modshack - Hope all is well. Apologies, just catching up on all the banter regarding my post. Are you suggesting the OEM hitch and harness are not worth the cost? Or that I paid too much for the OEM hitch and harness?
Well, Yes. When you can buy the Curt for $235 shipped from Uhaul, and the 4 pin harness for $40 on Amazon, I self installed. Any more than that for an essentially 100% similar part is too much IMO. Availabilty and your installation situation may be different than mine. Too some the convenience varies..
Whatever it's worth to YOU, is what it's worth..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, Yes. When you can buy the Curt for $235 shipped from Uhaul, and the 4 pin harness for $40 on Amazon, I self installed. Any more than that for an essentially 100% similar part is too much IMO. Availabilty and your installation situation may be different than mine. Too some the convenience varies..
Whatever it's worth to YOU, is what it's worth..
My decision was based on posted in this forum and elsewhere of lesser quality of the Curt brand. (Early rusting, sub-standard weld points) I agree that the price I paid is higher than I would have liked. I generally don't like to add non-OEM parts to my vehicles. Not sure if it will impact resale of the vehicle. I can tell you I would be less likely to buy a used vehicle that has non-OEM parts on it. I too will be installing it myself. I would be curious to follow your experience with the Curt hitch vs. the OEM hitch. Maybe we both post pics down the road to compare hitch condition?

Reactions: IndianaBrent67

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
. I generally don't like to add non-OEM parts to my vehicles. Not sure if it will impace road to compare hitch condition?
The Curt Hitch is of excellent quality from a weld and finishing standard.. I can't see how it would vary from OEM in the least, as that (OEM) hitch is likely made by one of the three major hitch manufacturers. None of the majors are going to make an inferior Hitch as their reputation rests on their product and the tow ratings of 5K lbs are likely tested for compliance.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Personally, I don't care if someone has a 1974 Ford Pinto. If it is lovingly maintained, cared for and shows pride of ownership, I give props to the owner. (y) 😃

Reactions: MikeD and Moab

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
Personally, I don't care if someone has a 1974 Ford Pinto. If it is lovingly maintained, cared for and shows pride of ownership, I give props to the owner. (y) 😃

Yeah...I've had as much fun with a Fiat 128 as I've had with my 911 turbo. Cars are cars. The experience of each talks to me. I love my SC...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Precursor to the SC? Saaaweeet! o_O:p
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
267 Posts
Hi, can you share the details on where we can get an aftermarket cross bar solution for half the price of the OEM (roughly $340 shipped plus sales tax). I‘m on the fence of purchasing the OEM vs shelling out 2x more for the latest Thule EVO Wingbar (estimating about $760 ~ $800).

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
Hi, can you share the details on where we can get an aftermarket cross bar solution for half the price of the OEM (roughly $340 shipped plus sales tax).
Search on Amazon. There are also numerous threads on affordable crossbars.
SNIXWOO Cross Bars fit for Hyundai Santa Cruz SC

Several guys here have fitted these..

21 - 40 of 77 Posts