Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Search on Amazon. There are also numerous threads on affordable crossbars.
SNIXWOO Cross Bars fit for Hyundai Santa Cruz SC

Several guys here have fitted these..
I like the look of the SNIXWOO Cross Bars. The OEMs stick out too far.on the sides...IMHO.

Registered
Cause I care that to many people are getting ripped off by the SC experience..
"Go to your corners..." then come out swinging! Seriously, calmer minds please? This craziness of everyone getting at one another over small minutiae details is destroying our society. {Boy I hope this does not start another round of tit for tat! I like Tit, not the tat - LOL!}:p

Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
SNIXWOO certainly represents a strong value for the dollar and probably provides enough usability for most. I'm leaning towards the OEM primarily because I like the longer Wingbar look more and the longer bar provides more useable space in the event I needed to space items further apart like maybe two Hobie Outback kayaks.. not sure the load bars are rated for that much weight though.

Read Only
I got the curt (zero reason to buy the EXACT same product from the dealer for more than double) it's heavy and a bitch to do by yourself and I know my way around installs. Main complaint and woulda made it 1000 times easier was the either the bolts starting thread was ****, or the threads on the frame from the factory were ****. I will be testing it this Friday morning when I take my quad to Dumont.

Registered
I got the OEM hitch from Hyundai Acessory store ($425 - free shipping & no Tax) so yeah a little more than Curt but DEFINITELY not the same - OEM was in perfect condition and a perfect fit between the frame unlike some horror stories I've heard with the Curt and much heavier "looking" especially at the hitch/safety chain area if you look closely at pics - also the OEM came with the hitch bar and a bracket for the 7 pin so saved some there also. I went with the Kia 7 pin just to have all options avail (went with local dealer stock on that $162 after negotiating with the Parts guy @ Kia although I have seen online for $148 what with shipping tax etc I paid about $15 more but wanted to get locally in case I had any plug n play problems - but did not - everything went smoothly - lastly install of hitch is much easier if you lay hitch on top of muffler and loosly install other side before lowering the muffler (there is a great install video on this site with some chick doing the install) My opinion: ya get what ya pay for ! Good luck

Registered
On the Amazon SNIXWOO Crossbars those look convex to me (not flat bars) if that is indeed the case that would be a deal breaker as I would want the flat mounting option across the span of the bars (more stabilty) Also got these OEM at HyundaI Accessory Store ($316 free ship, no tax) although I have since seen about $20 cheaper elsewhere ( again from a thread on this site) Good luck - enjoy your SC's

Premium Member
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Prem, White / gray
This was posted on a FB site, but I noticed the description said the hitch was discontinue. Could this be due to fit issues and Curt is redesigning.
Wood Sleeve Rectangle Font Material property

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
likely my next big purchase once the wrap is done. Great having everyone post their results and gives me confidence that I will be able to do it as well.
Honestly, the hardest part is man-handling the hitch in place to align the first bolt, the rest is a breeze. Make sure you have a can of WD-40 around and the exhaust mounts will slip off and on like butter. I removed all three exhaust mounts to get exhaust low hang low enough to work behind it in order to tighten the mounting bolts.(Supported the hanging exhaust with a couple bungie cords)

Not sure if this video has been posted anywhere in this forum, but it was really helpful in figuring out how to mount the 4-Pin harness. (Fast-Forward to the 5 minute mark)

Reactions: JMII

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
First test tow of my trailer...All worked well! My next project is to clean-up the trailer a bit. Hammer out a few dent, sand her down, paint and replace the deck boards with Trex.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

41 - 60 of 77 Posts