Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Florida, it may be worth the drive to Orlando. 2022 Santa Cruz SEL activity package plus tow package, mats and wheel locks 32755. Plus tax tags. No dealer markups or add ons. Straight honest dealer.
Holler Hyundai
Orlando Fl.
Ask for Patrick in sales.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is this proof positive that the broader market demand isnt going to be nearly as high as we fanbois and girls may have initially thought?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well no surprise here but Gettel Hyundai of Sarasota is another BS dealer. 5K Additional Dealer Profit Line and another 3-4K in 'extras' like Auto Butler (Whatever that is) But I kept my cool and actually drove the Hampton Gray Limited they have in stock. I'm getting one. Stepped out of the car after the Test Drive and said thanks for your time, I'm gonna go to Orlando to buy one. Not buying at your prices.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like Hyundai of Daytona is an MSRP dealer as well. I'll be driving there this weekend once the details are hashed out.

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
129 Posts
Found a BS dealer outside Baltimore that replied with this when I asked about a SC limited...

Yes I will email over to you now. Deposit is $1500. MSRP is 41,725 and there is an adjusted market value of +2500 over MSRP so 44,225. Please let us know if you would like to put a deposit!

Pfft! No thank you

·
Registered
227 Posts
Found a BS dealer outside Baltimore that replied with this when I asked about a SC limited...

Yes I will email over to you now. Deposit is $1500. MSRP is 41,725 and there is an adjusted market value of +2500 over MSRP so 44,225. Please let us know if you would like to put a deposit!

Pfft! No thank you
Rosen Hyundai in Kenosha did the same to me, minus the mention of a deposit. Told them heck no. I might go and try and test drive it without making too much a fuss so I at least know what that 2.5T feels like before talking to another dealer. The salesman I was working with left.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's bad enough we have to deal with this joke of a reservation system . Now we have to deal with these jack wagon dealerships trying to make a few extra thousand dollars off our excitement for these vehicles? What a racket!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just wait for the dust to settle. This happens with every new vehicle launch: C8, Supra, Bronco are just a few recent examples.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just wait for the dust to settle. This happens with every new vehicle launch: C8, Supra, Bronco are just a few recent examples.
Yeah I definitely agree. I have just been waiting for this "SAV" since the concept at the Detroit auto show in 2015 I think it was. These a-holes are prolonging my wait! Ah well...whatcha going to do

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m on the west coast and my local dealership told me they don’t expect anything until October. So that’s cool that the east coast is getting them already.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They are scarce. I have only seen one online in long Island. This one I found this one from Chucks list and it's still a couple weeks out. I'm just gonna wait for more of them to arrive around the area until I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
272 Posts
Please everyone when you encounter a dealer grossly marking up the price above MSRP tell us the name of the dealer and the city. Don't just say "some dealer outside of Timbuktu."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Please everyone when you encounter a dealer grossly marking up the price above MSRP tell us the name of the dealer and the city. Don't just say "some dealer outside of Timbuktu."
Washington State:
Kirkland Hyundai located in Kirkland: 2022 SC AWD Limited in Hampton Gray:
$4k over MSRP.

Car Pros Hyundai located in Renton: 2022 SC AWD Limited in Hampton Gray:
$10k over MSRP.
(I quote from Car Pros' text messages): "Due to the current global microchip shortage, Hyundai is releasing these with a $6,000 market adjustment, same with all the SUV's and Hybrid models, simply because they are in extremely high demand and extremely short supply."

They then sent this message: "I apologize, I just checked with our Hyundai representative and found out the $6,000 market adjustment is for the lower trim levels, on the Limited model the market adjustment is $10,000."

Such Bulls**t!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
272 Posts
That Car Pros Hyundai is not only a gouger they're fricking liars. That's an insult to our intelligence. I should send them a thoughtful tweet?

·
Registered
350 Posts
(I quote from Car Pros' text messages): "Due to the current global microchip shortage, Hyundai is releasing these with a $6,000 market adjustment, same with all the SUV's and Hybrid models, simply because they are in extremely high demand and extremely short supply."

They then sent this message: "I apologize, I just checked with our Hyundai representative and found out the $6,000 market adjustment is for the lower trim levels, on the Limited model the market adjustment is $10,000."

Such Bulls**t!
That Car Pros Hyundai is not only a gouger they're fricking liars. That's an insult to our intelligence. I should send them a thoughtful tweet?
I'd like to see a screenshot of their text message blaming Hyundai for the market adjustment sent to Hyundai Motor America.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd like to see a screenshot of their text message blaming Hyundai for the market adjustment sent to Hyundai Motor America.
Yes! Along with the question: "How long will Hyundai be keeping this surcharge on the new Santa Fe?"

• Haha
Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd post on their face book page.....It will be more of a hit then sending a letter which is round canned right away.... Use Social Media,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts