Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great old song to commemorate my Santa Cruz purchase today! :D

I brought home my SEL Premium this afternoon! 馃槑

Sage gray with black cloth interior. The black innards was a compromise on my part, because my first choice was gray, but I finally got the danged thing home! :LOL: And a good friend of mine pointed out that 95 out of 100 is still awesome, so I committed.

I'll post a lot more about it and the pricing, process and whatnot over the next couple of days. But right up front I'm going to say that I love the thing and my family does too!馃ぉ

Here are a few pix to get started.

In the showroom.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

In my driveway (which is still under construction.)
Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Plant

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
Welcome to the Sage club!! Love that color! It doesn't look bad after getting a bit dirty either.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Sky

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

The green hides mud and dirt pretty well ... the black plastic cladding, headlights, and grill ... a bit less so. LOL It was fun, that's the important part.

Reactions: Mark

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
Welcome to the Sage club!! Love that color! It doesn't look bad after getting a bit dirty either.

The green hides mud and dirt pretty well ... the black plastic cladding, headlights, and grill ... a bit less so. LOL It was fun, that's the important part.
Hey Cruz'n Black Bear after seeing your SC with dirt tracks behind the front and rear wheel wells, it look like those little Hyundai OEM mud guards may work pretty well after all. The dirt thrown up on the sides appears to be very confined.

What do you think since you're right there looking at it? Will those small Hyundai OEM mud guards prevent the mud sling you see on your rig?

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
Trucklet, Congrats, it is beautiful.. Some compromise is to be expected. The one I grabbed back in August was white which wasn't my first choice. But "Vanna" gets prettier every day. And a little compromise is a small price to pay for getting you SC (Super Car).

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats on your new truckette!

At this stage of the game, most of us have to accept some compromise to just get one, and the black interior ain't too much to swallow. Heck, I didn't really want Hampton Gray, but it was get one fresh off the truck or keep on waiting. And the Hampton isn't a bad color anyway.

Registered
Congrats, you will love you new vehicle. It is the only thing we drive unless we take a spin in our beetle conv.

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
What do you think since you're right there looking at it? Will those small Hyundai OEM mud guards prevent the mud sling you see on your rig?
I'll tell you for sure once mine come in and get installed. Expecting MAYBE this week. But I think they'd honestly contain most of it reasonably well. I think some of the reason it's as limited as it was comes down to where the wheels sit inside the wheel wells. Because they're somewhat recessed, and the way the fenders flare INWARDS, there doesn't seem to be a lot that gets kicked out down the side of it. Yes, my big water hole splashes when clear up over the roof, heh, heh, but the actual mud/dirt was REALLY quite confined to the body cladding, which surprised the heck out of me. If you push the wheels further out, the factory 'mud guards' would likely be 100% useless. But with stock wheels? They might be okay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts