Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've never in my life felt the urge to go overlanding. In fact, I had never heard of such a thing until I joined this forum. But everytime I see a picture like this, I find myself wanting to do that.

Great looking set up!

·
Registered
2022 limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great, don’t see many with white shells. What is the first destination with your new setup?
I live in the northwest outside of Portland so going through the cascades has plenty of trails that are perfect for the SC. I don’t need rock crawling. I need to just get off the pavement.

·
Registered
Hampton Grey Limited
284 Posts
Well just about ready to head out for my first weekend as well.
got the SB Tent installed last night and letting it all air out before packing up in a few hours.
Thanks to this forum and Pinocyclist for the inspiration (Big Bend thread)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Sky Car Wheel Plant Tire
Wheel Sky Tire Plant Car

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
125 Posts
I am going camping tomorrow. Plan on doing a full picture set up. Heavy rain too so it will earn its stripes.
Prefect!!!
Well just about ready to head out for my first weekend as well.
got the SB Tent installed last night and letting it all air out before packing up in a few hours.
Thanks to this forum and Pinocyclist for the inspiration (Big Bend thread)
View attachment 10021 View attachment 10022 View attachment 10023

I had this tent i loved it!

·
Registered
2022 limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it was dark when I got the picture. But we totally did some crazy roads. The forest still hasn’t been cleared off all the downed trees from winter.

it rained heavy all night but my daughter and I stayed dry.
Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great setup and I like the look of your SC
What kind of weight do the crossbars handle? I look at these setups and fear falling through the roof into the cab lol
The bed bars are extremely stout. The roof ones are good. I don’t know the weight limits but my roof bars are only used as a 3rd for my tent or support for ladders, long lumber and building materials.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts