Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the real Santa Cruz color drive up.

Current variations of their colors are more than screen settings, time of day, reflections, etc. How do we find true color samples.

For example, Blue Stone seems to cover a range of Baby Blue to Steel Blue.

If Hyundai could give us the Pantone # we would have it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is the color I reserved.
I would love to know the Pantone # as well.

I'm afraid the pantone will only take you so far.
There is a review online... Under the cover of trees, the color is close to (if not darker than) the color on Hyundai's website. In bright (overcast) sunlight it can look pastel blue.

·
Registered
896 Posts
How do we find true color samples.
You just have to got to a dealer and see it in person. Sorry but that is the only way to know 100% for sure due to the number of factors involved in human vision. Its kind of like trying to describe how something tastes, vision is a very personal sense as everyone sees things differently.

With that said the real color is NOT that Hyundai CGI website rendering that looks like slate or steel blue. There are tons of real life pictures, for example: Blue Stone Santa Cruz Video its way closer to baby blue or robin's egg blue.

Regardless the color will still shift depending on many factors, mostly lighting. I work with Pantone colors everyday and like @LovinLife said that system is only going to get you in the ballpark, it was never meant for automatic paint matching.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You just have to got to a dealer and see it in person.
+1. Looking at pictures online, I was convinced Sage Gray was what I wanted. But after trips to a few dealers to see a Sage Gray, Hampton Gray, White, and Black my hands-down favorite is Hampton Gray -- which I wasn't initially interested in at all.

These earthy tone colors seem to really shift in different lighting. The only way to get a real feel for it is to put eyeballs on them in person.

·
Registered
46 Posts
View attachment 1611 View attachment 1612

The Blue Stone definitely seems to variety based on lighting and even the surroundings. It’s not baby blue, I’d say it’s blue gray.
Regardless of the lighting, I like the blue best in every iteration I have seen. It’s the brightest, most fun color of the lot. I still wish the bright yellow/gold was a production color or the “red rock” that someone on the forum created in photo shop. But I wanted blue for my next vehicle and I am liking it more and more.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Regardless of the lighting, I like the blue best in every iteration I have seen. It’s the brightest, most fun color of the lot.
Agree... this blue is the most colorful of all the choices. The most disappointing color is that dreadful tan (Mojave Sand).

And I'm the one who created the fake Red Rock.

·
Registered
510 Posts
And I'm the one who created the fake Red Rock.
Sorry, @JMII, I mistakenly credited @Kaput for Red Rock some time back. I still think it is the most delicious color ever! (Check out the background of my avatar for a real case of serendipity-do-dah.)

Reactions: JMII
1 - 8 of 8 Posts