Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the front seats are identical in the SC and the Tucson Limiteds. I wonder if it would be possible to swap the unpowered SC passenger seat with a powered passenger seat from a Tucson? Are there power connections under the SC seat? There must be some for the heat/ventilation but what about for seat adjustment?

·
Registered
28 Posts
To my knowledge there's no power passenger seat option at this point for the Santa Cruz - I'd be very, very surprised there was any sort of existing harness if the vehicle could never be optioned from the factory with one. It is a bummer that it's a manual seat though! :)

Cheers

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thought was that the wiring harness was made to allow a power seat but that due to the chip shortage, the power seat was left out for now. Maybe in the 2023's.

Reactions: unpredictable1

·
Registered
Hampton Grey Limited
284 Posts
I think JMII looked into this (JMII?) and it is not wired for power seats or memory seats. I'd love it if it were. One reason I wanted to lease this model in hopes of changes in future models and buy then. But if lease deals haven't improved when I go to get mine (sometime soon I hope) then I will buy and just trade it in if I want to upgrade in a couple years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My thought was that the wiring harness was made to allow a power seat but that due to the chip shortage, the power seat was left out for now. Maybe in the 2023's.
You could be onto to something there - because I find it surprising a power passenger seat isn't offered with all it's other features.

Put your passenger seat in the most forward position and look on the floor from the back seat area. Usually there's a couple of openings in the carpet for other harnesses. We might get lucky lol :)

I don't have mine yet, otherwise I would. :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think JMII looked into this (JMII?) and it is not wired for power seats or memory seats.
I looked into adding memory seats and in theory it could be done - if you added all the missing parts from the Tuscon. This came to be around $1,800 in retail cost. However I must stress: I have no idea if it would work because this was only a parts list, I never researched the control modules or software.

Now for a powered passenger seat I would need to dig thru more documentation but my guess is you could steal the power from the drivers side if the current harness doesn't have it. As noted the passenger side has power for heated and ventilation functions already so this mod stands a very good chance of working.

I too assume the obvious lack of some things between the Tuscon and the SC came down to decisions around the chip shortage and likely some cost trimming on a unproven model in a totally new segment. The Tuscon is a guaranteed seller in a highly competive space (CUVs) so they had to go all out with features to bring up the value. The SC is so unique and already more loaded then a Mav so Hyundai can remove features and not lose out on comparisons with other products. The real question is when the chip shortage ends will they do a mid-cycle refresh on the SC or just wait for version 2.0 to address these missing features and shortcomings between in and the Tuscon.

Personally I will forever HATE Hyundai for not giving us memory seats... it is the ONE thing I really want since the other two vehicles I share with my (much shorter) wife already have.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I noticed there is an electrical thingy under the passenger seat attached to the floor. Not sure if that would interfere with a seat swap or not. Does anyone know what that thing is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts