Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
22 Santa Cruz... 2.5T DCT... Evilla muffler delete... train horns... pedal commander... etc
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the Pedal Commander (wanna say it was just shy of $300) and the response is NOTEWORTHY. Yes I know what it does and how it does it but wow. What a difference. Granted I expected some impact but nothing like it is. I have yet to even test the sport or sport + modes. Farthest I have gotten is city +4.

To explain... Pedal Commander has 3 distinct modes... city, sport and sport + with an additional + of 4 advancements in each mode. I have kept it in city mode since installation with toggling between smart and sport modes depending on how I am driving.

In sport mode on the SC and city on the PC... You get jerkiness when trying to drive conservatively. Under normal acceleration you're fine for the most part... in sporty driving... amazing. Smart mode I have found to be best in traffic situations as most people do.without the mod... but will kick you into sport mode faster when driving spiritedly.

Overall its taking getting used to. Its certainly touchy even in city mode. So be cautious first time driving if you get this mod on the turbo model.

· Registered
22 Santa Cruz... 2.5T DCT... Evilla muffler delete... train horns... pedal commander... etc
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tried it yet but I venture to guess it would feel like your in snow mode vs regular. Delayed throttle response and lack of power. But I haven't tried yet to be honest.

· Registered
164 Posts
Send it back. You can use your foot to move the gas pedal more (or less) aggressively to accomplish the exact same thing. The existing gas pedal already can go from idle to wide open. No need to change anything.
Any "improvements" are just your brain being tricked. All these pedal devices simply shift the throttle command to the engine. There are no changes to the engine, no more horsepower, no magic dust. Mileage improvements can be gained by less aggressive starts. More acceleration can be done by pressing the gas pedal harder and set the Hyundai controls to sport mode.
It could even be dangerous. If you have it set to the most aggressive pedal map (where a small press causes wide open throttle) another driver could unexpectedly lurch, resulting in a crash because the car moves a lot faster than typically expected. That driver could be a valet, mechanic, friend, spouse, kid, etc.

· Registered
3 Posts
So I installed the Pedal Commander (wanna say it was just shy of $300) and the response is NOTEWORTHY. Yes I know what it does and how it does it but wow. What a difference. Granted I expected some impact but nothing like it is. I have yet to even test the sport or sport + modes. Farthest I have gotten is city +4.

To explain... Pedal Commander has 3 distinct modes... city, sport and sport + with an additional + of 4 advancements in each mode. I have kept it in city mode since installation with toggling between smart and sport modes depending on how I am driving.

In sport mode on the SC and city on the PC... You get jerkiness when trying to drive conservatively. Under normal acceleration you're fine for the most part... in sporty driving... amazing. Smart mode I have found to be best in traffic situations as most people do.without the mod... but will kick you into sport mode faster when driving spiritedly.

Overall its taking getting used to. Its certainly touchy even in city mode. So be cautious first time driving if you get this mod on the turbo model.
Can you tell me how to disconnect the cable from the gas pedal?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you tell me how to disconnect the cable from the gas pedal?
I won't lie and say it wasn't finicky but it is like most electronic connectors with a piece you have to push. I ended up using a small flat head screwdriver to help aid in getting it off.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Send it back. You can use your foot to move the gas pedal more (or less) aggressively to accomplish the exact same thing. The existing gas pedal already can go from idle to wide open. No need to change anything.
Any "improvements" are just your brain being tricked. All these pedal devices simply shift the throttle command to the engine. There are no changes to the engine, no more horsepower, no magic dust. Mileage improvements can be gained by less aggressive starts. More acceleration can be done by pressing the gas pedal harder and set the Hyundai controls to sport mode.
It could even be dangerous. If you have it set to the most aggressive pedal map (where a small press causes wide open throttle) another driver could unexpectedly lurch, resulting in a crash because the car moves a lot faster than typically expected. That driver could be a valet, mechanic, friend, spouse, kid, etc.
I know this... ASE Certified mechanic and am a shop manager for a franchise automotive shop. At any shop u know throttles are different and accounted for so it would be a bad shop if something happened due to a peddle commander. 🤣🤣🤣

I got it knowing the logic behind it. I like the fact that less press equals more. Its the reason I bought it. Im not a floor it guy. Never have been so it works well for me.

Ur danger and hate on these products is well known on the forum. Works for some... not for u. So please... shush. Thanks. Ur input is appreciated when not clowning people with different tastes than urs my man. So with all due respect... stfu on the issue unless u have something to contribute. Kthanksbyefelicia.

Cheers though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts