Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I’m getting nervous about our new rides. And I’m very sorry for those who have had trouble.

I don’t want to be nervous every time I get in this vehicle I love so much. I don’t want to be wondering if this is the day mine goes down. That’s no way to live.

So I’m trying to be realistic about the percentages. I realize that doesn’t really matter for those whose number comes up for transmission trouble, but I’m trying here.

How do we get a sense of how many we’re talking about? Of course we’re only seeing those here on the forums and any on FB who aren’t also here, but am I right that it’s still just a handful? Half a dozen on here out of how many Owners?

How many has Hyundai seen with trouble and which transmissions?
And how do we find that, for both US and Canadian models?

Does anyone know these things? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Likely very low. As noted forums and social media always highlight the bad. Keep in mind the SC's engine and transmission is shared with other Hyundai models. Is the Santa Fe forums full of complaints about the 2.5T and DCT? This is one of the reasons I normally avoid new vehicles... too many unknowns. The vehicle comes with a 10 year warranty so if it acts up back to the dealer it goes. If problems continues sell it. Same risk with any vehicle, the question is are these problems isolated or common? As a brand Hyundai seems to be doing pretty good with above average reliability.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Honestly, there’s under 2000 members as of today and vast majority of owners don’t subscribe to the forum or Facebook groups, so the complaints might seem unbalanced. There are quite a few who seek out forums to discuss problems they’re experiencing.
Id say, the silent majority are not having issues.
I dont think the problems experienced by the members here are any more significant from other car forums I’m a member of, present or past.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
So far my SE 2.5 FWD has been trouble free.
I did notice while putting on the mud flaps on that the wheel well is fiber/felt not plastic or? I would think that would soak up water?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I did notice while putting on the mud flaps on that the wheel well is fiber/felt not plastic or? I would think that would soak up water?
It is thin and dries quickly. When I wash my cars I tend to blast those felt liners to rinse out the dirt that gets left behind when the water dries. I believe they use that felt material to absorb road / tire noise because my other cars have the same, especially on rear wheel wells. The fronts tend to be plastic which is more to protect the engine from getting stuff (mud, rocks, water) getting throw in there.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
So far my SE 2.5 FWD has been trouble free.
My 2012 Mini Cooper had that same material. I think it saves weight and costs. Hopefully it sound deadens better too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.