Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I connected my Android Bluetooth with the Santa Cruz Limited and allow contact access on the phone.
But when trying to place a phone call hands free to a contact I get a message by voice and written on display: "Updating contacts please try again later...."

Suggestions?

· Registered
80 Posts
I connected my Android Bluetooth with the Santa Cruz Limited and allow contact access on the phone.
But when trying to place a phone call hands free to a contact I get a message by voice and written on display: "Updating contacts please try again later...."

Suggestions?
Try this. Unpair your phone in the SC. Restart/reboot your cell phone and pair again. Once done pairing, you should receive a message asking to download your contacts.

Let me know if this worked.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try this. Unpair your phone in the SC. Restart/reboot your cell phone and pair again. Once done pairing, you should receive a message asking to download your contacts.

Let me know if this worked.
Did not work. Went to dealer today and the also could not make it work. They set up a service visit. Dealer said something about may need a software update to radio.....

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Sat with dealer service department for 2 hours and then the next day with customer support for an hour and a half. None of them can figure out why my contacts download but are not recognized by the voice activation. When I press voice activation and say call Joe I got a response on the screen that contacts are still downloading. But yet if I do everything through the touch screen the contacts are there and I can make a phone call. My 6-month-old Android phone Motorola, can't be used with my Santa Cruz Limited?. I am becoming one pissed off customer.

· Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
869 Posts
Have you tried a different phone?

Curious as to why you are using the native system, when Android Auto is available?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To use Android auto I need the USB cable plugged in. And I hate doing that all the time. One would think a new car would allow you to use voice activation on the native system. My 5-year-old Honda did flawlessly. Any other suggestions you might have would be appreciated. At my wit's end with this one

· Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
869 Posts
To use Android auto I need the USB cable plugged in. And I hate doing that all the time. One would think a new car would allow you to use voice activation on the native system. My 5-year-old Honda did flawlessly. Any other suggestions you might have would be appreciated. At my wit's end with this one
For around a $100, you can get a wireless AA adapter.

Reactions: waltpicot

· Registered
4 Posts
I have an Iphone and have had the same problem. This morning I read to push the voice recognition button and say Siri. After Siri is initiated I can then say call Joe and it completes the call. Text is also available and I do not have to use a cord. I do not know if this is a work around or if it is the way it is meant to work.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer filed a warranty claim since they can't resolve the issue after they tried other phones that worked on other cars. I expect to be getting a new head unit once it comes in. Hoping it does not mean they rip my dashboard apart. They never seem to go back together as good as they were before....

· Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,190 Posts
Flip side of the balance coin.
My 1 year old SC Ultimate (Limited) works faultlessly either via Bluetooth or AA (Samsung phone) for voice commands and contact list (wireless via Motorola MA1}

1 - 11 of 11 Posts