Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
682 Posts
Stream from any number of online services.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
You can buy external CD players that have a USB plug for use with a laptop computer. It should also work to plug it into the left USB port in your SC. Thay is what I was going to do before I ripped my CD's to a thumb drive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can buy external CD players that have a USB plug for use with a laptop computer. It should also work to plug it into the left USB port in your SC. Thay is what I was going to do before I ripped my CD's to a thumb drive.
I would only do that if you like replacing portable CD players often and you like skipping music.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking for someone who had actually done this.
I know you can plug them in but it doesn't guarantee that the media processor in the SC will read from them.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only way I could think of doing this is use a portable CD player of some sort, and use an FM transmitter attached to its audio output jack to transmit to the stereo in your SC.

This is a really basic, really inexpensive version as an example:

Good luck!
I Found a better option on amazon . A Cidava OE integrated vehicle CD player via USB radio connection.
The fitment chart has 2022 Tuscon listed so since Santa Cruz and tucson have same infotainment system i took a chance and ordered it. It works great i have been using it for 3 weeks and it plays all my CD's included the ones ripped
from other CD's . I have a SC limited with Bose system and it definitely sounds better playing CD's then using CarPlay.
Player was $149 plus Tax. Just plug it into left Usb port. choose media usb load cd then player will read and buffer for about 30 secs then you have full control via steering wheel controls or touchscreen. Would prefer factory integration but those days are gone ! If you love and miss playing CD's in your vehicle this is the way to go for not a bad price, I have mine mounted on top of dash. Well worth the expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts