Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In mid-September we left a check with our dealer to hold a new Santa Cruz SEL (Mojave Sand with cargo package). Expected delivery to the dealership was to be November 1. After a couple of weeks we were notified that date would now be November 26 due to a materials shortage. Today I was snooping on the HyundaiUSA web page. I clicked on a button for vehicles coming to dealers in my area. There was the vehicle on which we left a deposit. It has a VIN number now and is marked “In Transit.” I phoned the dealer. Our Santa Cruz is now “tethered to a truck.” I take it that means it has been assigned to a particular load, but other vehicles for that truck may not be ready yet. There is a new expected delivery date of October 25 (next week), but that could be flexible either way. If there is a lesson, poke around on the HyundaiUSA web page. You may learn things your dealer has not yet told you and may not yet know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was there yesterday, but I do not see it today. I went to HyundaiUSA. I selected the Santa Cruz. Near the top of the page with other highlighted menu items was a selection that said, “See what is coming.” or something pretty similar. Since yesterday, the transport truck came through and delivered to area delearships, including the vehicle for which we have been waiting. I looked through my browsing history, but that entry is no longer visible. (I have done a fair amount of browing in the last 24 hours.)

I am glad you found it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our SEL did arrive three days ago (October 20). The dealer needed some preparation time. After agreeing on a time that worked for us and them, we picked it up yesterday (October 22). Pickup was nine days before the original promised arrival date. It is very nice to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.