Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here experimented with a decent plug and play headlight upgrade?? I I know this has probably been discussed many times by now, but I’m new to the forum. What’s brands and bulb models have any of you had success with? Thanks a bunch!

· Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,321 Posts
Compared to my veloster headlights these headlights are amazing. I haven't given it a thought to replace these yet but I would be intrested to see what others think.
Yeah, but you have the Limited. The LEDs are pretty wicked. I'm not sure what the halogens are like at night. There's probably room for upgrades on those.

· Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,321 Posts
Oh dang the led lights aren't across the models? Then yes there is definitely room for improvement. Sorry I wasn't aware if that.
No worries. In Canada it's only the top (Ultimate here, Limited in US) trim that gets LEDs. The rest are projector/halogen. Not sure exactly where in the US lineup the LEDs come in, if it's different. :)

· Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone here experimented with a decent plug and play headlight upgrade?? I I know this has probably been discussed many times by now, but I’m new to the forum. What’s brands and bulb models have any of you had success with? Thanks a bunch!
I purchased these. Haven't installed them yet as I'm traveling to Boston, MA. Will be replacing them once I'm back from the trip.

· Registered
16 Posts
I purchased these. Haven't installed them yet as I'm traveling to Boston, MA. Will be replacing them once I'm back from the trip.
I will be installing these over the weekend as well. Hope they work.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
68 Posts
Compared to my veloster headlights these headlights are amazing. I haven't given it a thought to replace these yet but I would be intrested to see what others think.
Glad to hear there’s another Veloster to SC member on this forum. I’ll admit I miss my stick-shift Veloster. But I am definitely loving this SC!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
16 Posts
Don’t forget the before and after output photos so we can get a rough idea of the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apparently they need a resistor to keep from Canbus error. Retiring them.
I will be installing these over the weekend as well. Hope they work.
Apparently these need a resistor for $25 more to keep from error codes on dash. I will be returning these. Trying the AUXITO ones I saw elsewhere on this forum. They will be here tomorrow.

· Registered
3 Posts
So I took a chance based on the advice here on the forum of several other people and bought the Auxito 9005 (HB3) bulbs for $39.99 and they are AWESOME. The lights not only look good when looking at the front with them matching the running lights but when driving the light is crystal clear white and much brighter. Pics attached but pictures show the lights twice as brighter since it's impossible to capture the true light output with a camera but you get the jist.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WMG43QJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Attachments

· Registered
30 Posts
I ordered this based on one forum post. I just installed it this afternoon. It did not trigger the CANbus error that some have mentioned.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just purchase a 2022 SC and went right for a headlight replacement given how bad the halogens are. I decided to buy both the Fahren and the Auxito bulbs to stack them up against each other (and will return the losers). Auxito was brighter and more contained for simple install (which took minutes to do btw). The Fahren's have a driver attached and are clunkier because of it. Kinda shocked Hyundai chose to put halogens in any car at all. But for 10 min of my time and $40. So be it. No errors from either bulb btw.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Registered
4 Posts
So you mean the bulb model is 9005/HB3?

· Registered
4 Posts
Just purchase a 2022 SC and went right for a headlight replacement given how bad the halogens are. I decided to buy both the Fahren and the Auxito bulbs to stack them up against each other (and will return the losers). Auxito was brighter and more contained for simple install (which took minutes to do btw). The Fahren's have a driver attached and are clunkier because of it. Kinda shocked Hyundai chose to put halogens in any car at all. But for 10 min of my time and $40. So be it. No errors from either bulb btw.

View attachment 5695 View attachment 5696
What bulb model is it?

· Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 5695 View attachment 5696
Which trim is your SC? Does it have only one lens head lights? My SC is still on order and has not arrived yet. Here in Canada we only have 3 trims. Preferred 2.5Turbo, Optional Trend package and the Ultimate 2.5T. I ordered the Optional Trend package. It doesn’t come with LED headlight.

· Registered
1 Posts
Car LEDs at the beginning of their career ruined their reputation for themselves: the secondary market was flooded with an outright "leftist". As a rule, the light source for the head optics was a dozen dead LEDs shining in different directions - it was not worth dreaming about the correct light distribution. However, soon a Philips LED backlight product appeared, in which narrow strips of LEDs exactly corresponded to the location of the filament in a conventional light bulb. And soon many Chinese manufactories began to produce semiconductor light sources similar in design. You can buy interior car lights using websites that specialize in this.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts