Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone here experimented with a decent plug and play headlight upgrade?? I I know this has probably been discussed many times by now, but I’m new to the forum. What’s brands and bulb models have any of you had success with? Thanks a bunch!
I have 2015 Hyundai Sonata and I just switched to LED bulbs. I went with the Philips LED bulb. I'm very happy with the results. The light is much brighter and whiter than the halogen bulbs. There's no doubt in my mind that it makes a difference when driving at night.

I would recommend doing some research on which LED bulbs are best for your car. There are a lot of options out there and it can be confusing. Once you figure out which ones will work best for your car, the installation is pretty easy. You'll just need to get a few tools like a screwdriver and pliers.

· Registered
29 Posts
Just purchase a 2022 SC and went right for a headlight replacement given how bad the halogens are. I decided to buy both the Fahren and the Auxito bulbs to stack them up against each other (and will return the losers). Auxito was brighter and more contained for simple install (which took minutes to do btw). The Fahren's have a driver attached and are clunkier because of it. Kinda shocked Hyundai chose to put halogens in any car at all. But for 10 min of my time and $40. So be it. No errors from either bulb btw.

View attachment 5695 View attachment 5696
Hi! I would like to do this change. Could you please specify which LED Auxito you got? Thanks a lot in advance!

· Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, but you have the Limited. The LEDs are pretty wicked. I'm not sure what the halogens are like at night. There's probably room for upgrades on those.
I've got a 20 minute drive to work in the dark, and have no problem with the halogen. Keep in mind though, all my vehicles have had halogen, with the exception of the 03 Ducati that I had, which had HID. I'll probably upgrade to a brighter halogen, but I don't think I'll need anything more than that.

· Registered
29 Posts
I just did the change using the previously posted Auxito from Amazon. The original halogens were a pain for me. I used and appreciate the previous posts for directions. However, for easy installation, you must have to remove 10 pins to lose the plastic cover under the fender. Out of 10, you have two under the front. The nut is a guide to place the cover in the right position to reinsert the pins. I lose a little bit the nut, removed the 8 pins around the wheel, took out the nut, and lastly removed the two pins under the front. The cover just opened the space needed to easily remove the head light plug cover and do the head light change. I had the tool to remove the pins, do not use a flat screwdriver, it is more difficult and could damage both, the pins and the plastic cover. I saw a video where the owner removed the body trim around the fender. It is not necessary if you remove the 10 pins!

· Registered
15 Posts
I'm noticing most seem to be using 6.5K color temp bulbs. Has anyone tried 5K bulbs, a bit warmer but much less harsher to my eyes and much better in the rain for me.

· Registered
2 Posts
Lasfit 9005 LED on the passenger side vs stock headlamp. I asked my local dealership how much it would cost to replace the stock lamp. they said 5k. I ordered the Lasfits for $50 and replaced it myself in less than an hour

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
29 Posts
Lasfit 9005 LED on the passenger side vs stock headlamp. I asked my local dealership how much it would cost to replace the stock lamp. they said 5k. I ordered the Lasfits for $50 and replaced it myself in less than an hour

View attachment 14694
Much better color temp on the new bulb! Do you have any sense of how they perform? I've heard a lot of non-factory replacements don't perform as well or don't match the factory light spread.

· Registered
2 Posts
The Lasfit LED's are significantly better for visibility on both the normal setting and high beams. The stock lamps were not bright enough and I don't like the halogen color. I've only had the LED's for a couple days. As long as they last a long time I couldn't be happier.

· Registered
2 Posts
One thing I've noted in trying multiple bulb brands from Amazon (Lasfit, Carsparkle, Auxito, etc and so on)

Lasfit ones tend to be just a slight bit warmer at 6000k whereas the vast majority (for some odd reason?) push towards 6500k

to "MY" eyes, the blue shift as you get higher in the K value tends to make the light harder to see (for me of course) So the Lasfit ones seem to be better for my vision. Obviously, your mileage may vary. I wish I could find LEDs on Amazon in the 5-5500K range to try.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts