Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a general specs review for Canadian Trims of the Santa Cruz. If this information is accurate, and translates to the U.S. specs, then the Santa Cruz boasts about 36.45" (926mm) of rear legroom.

Though, maybe I'm in the minority for this vehicle when I speak of concern for rear legroom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Though, maybe I'm in the minority for this vehicle when I speak of concern for rear legroom.
You're not the only one -- it's a concern for me as well. Not so much for adult legs, but for getting a car seat back there. We just had a kiddo, so I have a couple of years of dealing with a bulky, rear facing car seat -- and then a normal car seat for the foreseeable future after that. I'm not exactly sure how companies measure legroom, but I've been watching the other YT videos to see how adults fit back there, trying to get a sense for how much space there is. Seems to be a good amount of room...

36.45" is about 4" less than my wife's Santa Fe (which is cavernous), but about 4" more than a Tacoma. Anything will be an improvement over my king cab Frontier (25.4") :oops:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's about 5 inches less than the regular Tucson... a bit tight for adults with long legs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
36.5" puts the Santa Cruz on par with the Ridgeline (36.7"), but above virtually all other mid-sized trucks' crewcab rear legroom. The most I can think of is the Ranger with about 35".

You pretty much have to go to full-sized crewcabs (150/1500) to beat the Santa Cruz. Of course. most folks who want/need trucks care more about bed space and towing than they do rear legroom.

Me? The Santa Cruz meets my minimum standard for legroom in the next vehicle I buy.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Pretty much right on par with my Quad Cab Dakota (36") and the Ranger (34.5")... thus perfectly acceptable to me. Sure more room would be nice but I've found this space works for average adults for trips under 2 hours. Should be no problem for kids but can't speak to rear facing child seats.

At 6'0" I can sit in the back of my Dakota and my knees do not touch the front seat even when pushed back to my driving position. So in the past I have always used this measuring stick: can I sit behind myself? Because if I can fit back there comfortably then nobody else should complain :p

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's about 5 inches less than the regular Tucson... a bit tight for adults with long legs.
5" less than the brand new '22 Tucson, yes. But only about 1.5" less than the outgoing model. Not sure which you're comparing to... the new Tucson at 41.3" is more than my wife's 2019 Santa Fe, it must be huge back there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Santa Cruz meets my minimum standard for legroom in the next vehicle I buy.
Same. I'm tallest in the family. Adjusted the driver's seat for me then jumped in the back left seat, still had a surprising amount of room. It's close to the knee space of our current GLS550.

·
Registered
32 Posts
5" less than the brand new '22 Tucson, yes. But only about 1.5" less than the outgoing model. Not sure which you're comparing to... the new Tucson at 41.3" is more than my wife's 2019 Santa Fe, it must be huge back there.

Referring to the New Tucson...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If this holds true specs for the U.S. specs then this alleviates my concern over pretty much the only thing that would prevent me from buying the vehicle. Two kids who will be in car seats for the foreseeable future (and in rear-facing seats for years). We opted for the child seats with the leg extenders as well, which my older son seems to appreciate. This fits in my '08 Sonata and given the fact this is a compact "truck" I have been having a lot of trepidation over whether the seats would fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts