Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just got the sel with activity package, can't seem to find info in booklets on the power inverter in bed. Proper use, connections, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
There has been a discussion of the power inverter and its usefulness at “Anyone use the 110v power outlet? Advice.” The output on it is 150 Watts. Once I saw 180 Watts listed as the output. That translates to about 1.5 Amperes. 180 Watts means you could power three 60 Watt light bulbs, but no saw or drill. You could power chargers for electric tools. The original poster wanted to power a crock pot on a low setting for a tailgating party at a game. My suggestion was to consider supporting the stoneware container in the crockpot with a couple of bricks and use a can of Sterno to keep it warm. One owner had powered a small electronic refrigerator during several hours of driving. The question was asked, “What happens if the inverter is overloaded?” From what I read, inverters made currently shut down when overloaded. Our Santa Cruz did not come with an inverter and bed outlet, but I purchased a separate 400 Watt inverter for a 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter. I had a specific use for it at the time, but have not used it since. Still, it is nice to know it is there in case I need it. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.