Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Practically speaking, there is little or no side-to-side adjustment of airflow from the upper center A/C vents. I've been moving the tab trying to direct airflow and then read the symbols on the tab. Apparently it's just "On", "Off" and a little volume adjustment in between (although not much). Unless I'm missing something, the direction of flow seems to be fixed. That strikes me odd.

I'm hot-natured and the wife is the opposite, so I normally have all the center vents and the driver's-side side vent aimed at me and she's happy enough to just have her side vent for temperature control. But I guess I have to just adjust.

Those inscrutable Koreans, huh. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Limited
180 Posts
The vents defiantly are able to be aimed left to right as well as up and down.

Towards the way that says 'closed' just have the flaps go so far to that direction that they do close.

Use a flashlight and you can see them move left to right.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts

Towards the way that says 'closed' just have the flaps go so far to that direction that they do close.

Agree. Mine move right and left about an 1", which actually changes the direction of the air flow substantially.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That's why I said "practically speaking". They will move a little bit, but as they move toward the right, they start closing off almost immediately. Try actually moving the airflow left to right and you'll see the lever does almost nothing but open and close the vent.

Other vehicles I've had through the years allowed me to move the entire airflow volume left and right, but by making the SC's vent lever do double duty as a vent closer, it loses most of its directional control.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of wonky. The two center vents both "close" when moved towards the center of the cab. Most people would only have the one on their side pointed at them. If a passenger doesn't want the Ac pointed at them, they can move it to point straight and upward usually works well for cooling the whole cab or move theirs toward the center to close it off and all air will go the to other open vents. IMHO it's just a getting used to thing with the SC.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The two center vents both "close" when moved towards the center of the cab.
That is odd... guess they assume if you don't want A/C directed at you that is what the Diffuse option is for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts