Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, aside from us early adopters, I am sure the vast majority of the world is not awaiting the price launch as if it were the second coming. That said, what do you think we can expect as to the actual dissemination of the new info? Will it just "show up" on the Hyundai build website at some random day/time and one of us will just stumble upon it? Do you expect some sort of pre launch press release letting us know the date of the price launch? Void of anything of substance to talk about with regard to the SC, might as well talk about this..... I personally think there will be a quick press release the actual morning of the info being available. I think the YouTubers and forums such as this will do the heavy lifting in getting the info out to the "masses."

·
Registered
156 Posts
So, aside from us early adopters, I am sure the vast majority of the world is not awaiting the price launch as if it were the second coming. That said, what do you think we can expect as to the actual dissemination of the new info? Will it just "show up" on the Hyundai build website at some random day/time and one of us will just stumble upon it? Do you expect some sort of pre launch press release letting us know the date of the price launch? Void of anything of substance to talk about with regard to the SC, might as well talk about this..... I personally think there will be a quick press release the actual morning of the info being available. I think the YouTubers and forums such as this will do the heavy lifting in getting the info out to the "masses."
I'm thinking the same. I expect it to show up on the website (part of the reason I've gotten in the habit of checking every morning like a crazy person), accompanied by a little press release, hopefully with some firm dates when they'll start hitting showrooms.

None of that will cause the general public to take notice though -- the YouTube/Instagram/etc 'journalists' will likely do the bulk of the buzz generation like they did at the initial launch back in April.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
They've already lost so much buzz to the Maverick that they're either going to let it die on the podium or do a massive PR push. I expect the usual YouTubers will push it out as soon as it's released ... if they don't already have the info under NDAs. But the lack of leaks or anything else leads me to believe everyone is in the dark - probably including most of Hyundai itself.

The dealer my pre-order is through seemed to think that the SC was going to go head-to-head with the Ridgeline. In some respects, I can see it, but if they launch with Ridgeline pricing, the Santa Cruz may be a short-lived vehicle. Or they'll quickly start pushing discounts and ticking off the early full price adopters.

Ultimately, if I'm not happy with the pricing, I cancel my reservation and look at something else.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree...If they are over the Tucson at the same model(SE-SEL..etc.,) I'll probably walk, Now if they came in at let's say $23999 for an SE than I'll taking them serious and keep my SEL reservation at $25,500 ($1000 under Tucson) and Probably stay even if it's the same as the Tucson... So hopefully they don't believe their own hype..."Sports Adventure Vehicle " and get greedy

·
Registered
896 Posts
I assume some press release. I wouldn't be surprised if the website gets updated later. I believe someone else mentioned Tuscons were available on dealer lots and yet the website was still blank.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hyundai Info is like a Black Hole on Earth......... Everyone is sucked in and nothing comes back out lol

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I assume some press release. I wouldn't be surprised if the website gets updated later. I believe someone else mentioned Tuscons were available on dealer lots and yet the website was still blank.
My dealer only had a few of the new Tucsons on the lot ... just the mid trims through. They haven't been able to get any hybrids yet. Wondering if the chip shortage is at play there. But the car situation seems to be different between Canada and the US anyway. Our Chrysler dealer is down to 4 new vehicles on the lot. Two Cherokees, one 80th Anniversary Grand Cherokee, and a red Gladiator. All Jeeps. Not a Ram, not a Chrysler van. Just those four vehicles. Ford dealer isn't much better, neither is our GM shop. The Honda lot the next town over (down from the Hyundai dealer) seemed to be jammed full last weekend. The Hyundai lot had a couple of most things, but not a bunch of anything. Saw two new Elantras waiting for PDI ... bright orange Kona waiting to hit the lot ... so they're still faring better than some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the chip shortage is as bad as reported Ford may have generated a lot ill will with their earlier reveal if they can’t get vehicles on the lot. I think it was Fortune magazine that said chip availability won’t ease up till near the end of the year. As Korea is a big chip producer I would not be surprised if Kia/Hyundai were the first companies to go to full production.

·
Registered
350 Posts
In general Hyundai is very late to release pricing - dealers don't usually get it until the first of a new model are days away from delivery to the dealership. One place to watch for a press release is the Hyundai media site - hyundainews.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts