Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
One thing for guys looking for the Fender Flares & Side Steps - you may have to wait and get them dealer installed at a later date. I wanted them on my SC and the system wouldn't let them be added (they didn't show on the list of accessories in that screen at all) and looking at the 900+ SC currently allocated to dealers, none of them have either option. Not sure if they just aren't available yet or if they are holding off for some other reason. I know to try to get cars to the dealers quicker, Kia stopped installing accessories like running boards and trailer hitches that took extra time (compared to the floor mats & other things that are just thrown in the car). Not sure if they may be doing that on the early SC to get them out to the dealers as quickly as possible?

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
One thing for guys looking for the Fender Flares & Side Steps - you may have to wait and get them dealer installed at a later date. I wanted them on my SC and the system wouldn't let them be added (they didn't show on the list of accessories in that screen at all) and looking at the 900+ SC currently allocated to dealers, none of them have either option. Not sure if they just aren't available yet or if they are holding off for some other reason. I know to try to get cars to the dealers quicker, Kia stopped installing accessories like running boards and trailer hitches that took extra time (compared to the floor mats & other things that are just thrown in the car). Not sure if they may be doing that on the early SC to get them out to the dealers as quickly as possible?
ahh, that explains why yesterday when I sat with the inventory manager who showed my order and in the accessories drop down, I asked him I want cross bars, fender flares, and those, and he showed me the dropdown menu, and they are not in the dropdown!!

I'm not losing sleep over those, I think I can always order them later and install myself, fun weekend projects.

·
Registered
173 Posts
JMII you are correct, wifey's car is a new hybrid Avalon with tech pkg...( I'm using the Avalon as a bench mark)...I believe the only thing the Toyota has that the Hyundai does not have is the head's up display ...at least the steering wheel has a similar button layout...just gotta force myself to use it.

Meph - in this land of melting asphalt ( gonna be 108 today) wish the Limited had cloth seats and 18" wheels ...hope the "ventilated" leather seats work well...reserved a white Limited with grey leather seats
I'll trade you seats and wheels if I buy an SEL premium, lol. (Not entirely kidding either) I live in WI, so it never almost breaks 90s, and is 50-75 most of the year.
ahh, that explains why yesterday when I sat with the inventory manager who showed my order and in the accessories drop down, I asked him I want cross bars, fender flares, and those, and he showed me the dropdown menu, and they are not in the dropdown!!

I'm not losing sleep over those, I think I can always order them later and install myself, fun weekend projects.
May help me keep my cost down and pay for them out of pocket over time. Plus if what Chuck found about a 7pin Kia trailer connector is accurate, I won't be buying the Hyundai one anyway.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Right now, all of our conversations are about pricing and availability. Once we start to get our hands on them, there will be plenty of postings for "Here is How-To ..." and "Tutorial on installing..." and "Check Out My Do-It-Yourself ..."

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Right now, all of our conversations are about pricing and availability. Once we start to get our hands on them, there will be plenty of postings for "Here is How-To ..." and "Tutorial on installing..." and "Check Out My Do-It-Yourself ..."
That'd be awesome, the excitement of buying a new car dies normally in 2 weeks, modding, fixing, maintaining keeps the interest,
I already have a to do list drawn up. lol

1. Swap license plate light bulbs, brake light bulbs with compatible LED bulbs (gonna need to do research on type and how to, doesn't seem too hard)
  2. 500 mile break-in oil change and filter change (official break-in period ends)
  3. 1500 mile another oil change and filter change (towing restriction ends)
  4. OEM running boards, roof cross bars, fender flares, bed mat, as they become available
  5. 3000 mile fluid change of transfer case, rear diff, front diff too if there's one
The biggest unknown is the DCT fluid, hopefully someone will post a how to soon

·
Registered
490 Posts
Once we start to get our hands on them, there will be plenty of postings for "Here is How-To ..." and "Tutorial on installing..." and "Check Out My Do-It-Yourself ..."
My guess is most of these accessories will be easy DYIs. For example the hitch looks straight forward: 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Towing Kit (R005) I installed a similar hitch on my parents Ford Escape and it had enough ground clearance that I didn't even put it up on jack stands.

That'd be awesome, the excitement of buying a new car dies normally in 2 weeks, modding, fixing, maintaining keeps the interest,
I already have a to do list drawn up.
Agree with your list of getting those fluid swaps done after break in (y) good plan.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like some of the gaps have been filled in.

ModelEngineTransmissionDrivetrainMSRP
SE2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
FWD$23,990
SEL2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
FWD$27,190
SEL Activity2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
FWD$30,460
SE2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
AWD$25,490
SEL2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
AWD$28,690
SEL Activity2.5L 4-cyl.8-speed automatic
with SHIFTRONIC®
AWD$31,960
SEL Premium2.5L Turbo 4-cyl.8-speed DCT
with SHIFTRONIC®
AWD$35,680
Limited2.5L Turbo 4-cyl.8-speed DCT
with SHIFTRONIC®
AWD$39,720

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
Interesting. That lineup is REALLY focused on the base engine. Guess that's why Canadian pricing is taking so long - we don't get anything below (basically) the SEL Premium up here! Interesting ...

121 - 130 of 130 Posts