Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like Sept. 23 - 29 saw some production ramping up again

I am now the proud owner (if it doesn't fall off the truck before it arrives mid-October) of a Blue Stone Limited. My dealer (Spradley in Pueblo CO) had no markups and didn't even try to hard sell any extras - this has been a very different buying experience from any I've ever experienced. I missed the dickering but I got a great price on trade-in.

My dad always said "Never buy the first model year." Sorry dad, I didn't listen :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
204 Posts
The first model year thing was legit in the "old days". Buyers were basically the testing grounds for these new models, and the mfr's counted on them to ferret out the weak spots in engineering, design and construction.

Nowadays, vehicles are tested and driven relentlessly, often for years, before being released to the public. They usually shake out any defects and correct them long before the public gets one.

I'm counting on pre-release testing to insure my Santa Cruz is solid ... and so far it is!

(Now, as far as falling off the transport truck is concerned, you have good reason to worry, so don't rest until it's safely in your hands.) :LOL:

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
I missed the dickering but I got a great price on trade-in.
First off, CONGRATS!

Dickering isn't so bad when you start at MSRP or lower due to incentives already in place and go even lower, but having to dicker from the stratosphere and hoping to get down to the HIGH PRICE of FULL MSRP I find annoying and ridiculous. YMMV

·
Registered
11 Posts

I am now the proud owner (if it doesn't fall off the truck before it arrives mid-October) of a Blue Stone Limited. My dealer (Spradley in Pueblo CO) had no markups and didn't even try to hard sell any extras - this has been a very different buying experience from any I've ever experienced. I missed the dickering but I got a great price on trade-in.

My dad always said "Never buy the first model year." Sorry dad, I didn't listen :rolleyes:
I got my Blue Stone SEL Premium one month ago from Spradley in Pueblo. Same deal as yours, no issues and I love. I live in Canon City so we might be the only ones on the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my Blue Stone SEL Premium one month ago from Spradley in Pueblo. Same deal as yours, no issues and I love. I live in Canon City so we might be the only ones on the road.
I'll keep an eye out for your SC. I'm in Lamar, so am not often in Canon City, but we might cross paths in Pueblo! I tried to deal with Phil Long in Colorado Springs but they had a $5k surcharge. No thanks! As soon as I told them I found mine elsewhere they started trying to deal - too little too late.

·
Registered
155 Posts
First off, CONGRATS!

Dickering isn't so bad when you start at MSRP or lower due to incentives already in place and go even lower, but having to dicker from the stratosphere and hoping to get down to the HIGH PRICE of FULL MSRP I find annoying and ridiculous. YMMV
Exactly, and I also refuse to do it. Have NEVER paid anywhere near MSRP, and don't expect to do it anytime soon either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealer (whose most common answer is "I don't know", so take this with a grain of salt) told me last week that Hyundai was back up to full production and they were expecting new inventory to start arriving, so they are lowering prices on used inventory to make room on the lot.

Now that means diddly squat with regard to when they will get my SC or even if they have put it in the priority box, but it would jibe with the information you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dealer (whose most common answer is "I don't know", so take this with a grain of salt) told me last week that Hyundai was back up to full production and they were expecting new inventory to start arriving, so they are lowering prices on used inventory to make room on the lot.
Interesting. They were salivating over my 2018 Pathfinder 4WD Platinum trade-in (my late husband's car, which he adored almost as much as me) because it's in primo condition. While my sweet hubs loved that vehicle, it just didn't fit my shorter stature. Dealer said they'd get top dollar on that one. They didn't have much of anything new or used on the lot. What a different time we're living in.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Congratulations! Hope you actually get it. Looking at the news about the chip shortage and slowed auto production I don't find anything that corroborates the auto production problem as being over. This article indicates it will be a problem until mid next year. Chip shortage expected to cost auto industry $210 billion in revenue in 2021

1 - 10 of 10 Posts