Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So interesting event has happened twice now since getting my SC back from the dealership due to a bad temperature switch. After a drive, I turn the engine off get out and lock the truck. The radiator fan kicks on and won't turn off. Got back in, turned the truck on/turned it off still the fan went on. Got back in, put it in drive and went forward about 5ft then back 5ft turned it off and finally the fan stayed off.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So interesting event has happened twice now since getting my SC back from the dealership due to a bad temperature switch. After a drive, I turn the engine off get out and lock the truck. The radiator fan kicks on and won't turn off. Got back in, turned the truck on/turned it off still the fan went on. Got back in, put it in drive and went forward about 5ft then back 5ft turned it off and finally the fan stayed off.
How long did you wait till you got back in the SC to to turn on/off? The fan will run for a bit after you shut off the engine, to help cool of the engine, turbo (if equipped) etc…

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was running for like a solid 20 seconds. Does happen after short drives ive noticed so you could be right. Didn't want to let it run for too long. Never had a vehicle do that before especially with the engine off

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
My wifes Buick (2.0turbo) will run after I shut it off and walk away... Never timed it, but it is thermostat regulated ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.