Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting event last night. I have the SEL Premium with the 8" Screen.

Started up my SC and my Apple Carplay connected wirelessly right away like it always does. However, sound was only coming out of the left speaker by the driver's door pillar. That's it. So I tried changing to XM Radio, and it said Function not available. Tried hitting anything else like Media or Settings and just got Function not available. Yet Carplay was active on my screen and I could move between songs and even bring up GPS. So it was like the Phone Projection was working but nothing else was functioning and only one speaker worked.

Turned the SC off and then back on. This time, same thing, except now there was no sound at all. Even that one speaker wasn't making any sound.

Turned the SC off and waited like 20 seconds. Turned it back on, and everything started working just fine. Tried it again this morning, and everything is fine. So, it appears to be a glitch that happened that one time. Now the question is, was it a one time anomaly, or is this going to be a recurring event?

Has anyone else had any weird events with their 8" radios?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve been having some intermittent issues with the wireless Apple CarPlay on the 8” screen. It would freeze and cut in and out. Connection issues can be extremely frustrating. What made me more frustrated was I could not figure out a wired option for CarPlay even WITH the USB ports (maybe missing something). After some research on the Tucson forums I found that there was a lot of wireless Apple CarPlay issues once Apple rolled out a new update later on in the year. Not sure if this is accurate. It seemed that the newest iPhones had no issues though…

Since I pride myself in older iPhone models (XR) I thought I would have to get an iPhone 12 just to fix it… however, somewhat solution was found by pressing the tiny reset button on the bottom left of the panel (not on the screen). It’s been working 90% of the time since I pressed this button which will hold me over for now. Sounds like you get it figured out now but if there issues in the future I would seek out a pen to press the reset.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been having some intermittent issues with the wireless Apple CarPlay on the 8” screen. It would freeze and cut in and out. Connection issues can be extremely frustrating. What made me more frustrated was I could not figure out a wired option for CarPlay even WITH the USB ports (maybe missing something). After some research on the Tucson forums I found that there was a lot of wireless Apple CarPlay issues once Apple rolled out a new update later on in the year. Not sure if this is accurate. It seemed that the newest iPhones had no issues though…

Since I pride myself in older iPhone models (XR) I thought I would have to get an iPhone 12 just to fix it… however, somewhat solution was found by pressing the tiny reset button on the bottom left of the panel (not on the screen). It’s been working 90% of the time since I pressed this button which will hold me over for now. Sounds like you get it figured out now but if there issues in the future I would seek out a pen to press the reset.
I have an iPhone 12 Pro and other than the one freeze mentioned above, wireless Car Play has been perfect. And fortunately, once I turned off the car for 20 seconds and started it back up, I haven't had any other issues. I see the reset button on the panel. Question: If you use the reset button, does it wipe out all your preset radio stations and bluetooth phones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts