Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone had the touch screen going black and not doing anything. Is the second time this happened to me. I have a SEL AWD with activity package, I started the Cruz today the safety message came up I hit confirm. I reversed the vehicle out of my driveway and when I shifted to drive the screen on my radio went black, I had to pull over shut the vehicle off and open the door to reset the vehicle. After that everything worked properly. As you can see in the picture my car is running and the screen is black Any solutions for this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
It has been a few months, but I remember the screen going black once on my SEL. I think it was still playing music, but I am not sure. I think I touched the screen and the display returned, but, it has been quite a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have anyone had the touch screen going black and not doing anything. Is the second time this happened to me. I have a SEL AWD with activity package, I started the Cruz today the safety message came up I hit confirm. I reversed the vehicle out of my driveway and when I shifted to drive the screen on my radio went black, I had to pull over shut the vehicle off and open the door to reset the vehicle. After that everything worked properly. As you can see in the picture my car is running and the screen is black Any solutions for this issue?

Mine did it once but not since. My rear camera didstay on after I put it in drive and I went directly to dealer and they said they've had issues. They disconnected and reconnectedthe battery and it's been ok since...
Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,180 Posts
Mine did it once but not since. My rear camera didstay on after I put it in drive and I went directly to dealer and they said they've had issues. They disconnected and reconnectedthe battery and it's been ok since...
Stay tuned...
Yea mine did that too but by the end of the block it was fine... Just slow sometimes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the screen going blank has happened to me often, I have had it to the dealer 3 times, they have no solution.

something I noticed the other day, if you hit the interactive icon above the volume the screen come back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A service tech told me he has seen excess interior temperature can cause the screen to go black and once it cools down it returns to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A service tech told me he has seen excess interior temperature can cause the screen to go black and once it cools down it returns to normal.
Weird, I had a service tech told me it had something to do with Apple Carplay. To my knowledge their has not been an update to fix that. So I have to disconnect my wife's iPhone and I never had anymore problems. I have an android, and have no problems when connected to Android Auto. But when that iPhone is paired but not connected, my screen will go black at random times. I have to restart the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weird, I had a service tech told me it had something to do with Apple Carplay. To my knowledge their has not been an update to fix that. So I have to disconnect my wife's iPhone and I never had anymore problems. I have an android, and have no problems when connected to Android Auto. But when that iPhone is paired but not connected, my screen will go black at random times. I have to restart the car.
Yes Apple Carplay on the Santa Cruz has problems, I have had my SC to the dealer a number of times about it, they always blame apple, If it did not work why did they use it, My Palisades works when you connect it with a cable, but SC does not.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Apple Carplay on the Santa Cruz has problems, I have had my SC to the dealer a number of times about it, they always blame apple, If it did not work why did they use it, My Palisades works when you connect it with a cable, but SC does not.
I found out the best way and fastest way to make the screen illuminate back without turning the vehicle off is pressing the small button underneath the volume dial.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I have the same similiar situation to the rest of you. My Iphone is always connected to Apple Carplay but this just started happening this week. Im driving a long like normal with Waze gps going and all of a sudden my display just goes black. The audio for the waze gps is still working and the music still plays but the screen just goes black. I hit the screen a couple times and its recognized touch inputs but nothing comes on. Then all of a sudden, the display would kick back on for a minute then go black again. Very odd I have my Apple Car play enabled since I bought the care and it just starts happening now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts