Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
401 - 420 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
For me...It's tough my daily city trip is 7 miles each way but my avg. MPG on the computer is about right...with my avg from fuelly 22.6-7 this is the avg over the time I've owned it Oct-21and about 2670 miles

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
457 Posts
I have owned my SC since Nov. and have traveled 12k miles so far, averaging 25.7 mgp overall. I made a trip to Mayflower, Ar following my girlfriend as she towed her travel trailer, so speed was 68-73 mph most of the way and I got 500 miles on a tank of gas with all highway driving (I have a photo of the instrument panel if you have doubts). Got over 32 mph on that trip, but have not been able to repeat the feat. I frequently exceed 400 miles on a tank, but have also gotten 350 miles on a tank if in traffic or my foot is heavier than usual. I am exceedingly happy with fuel efficiency.
How many gallons did it take to fill up when you did that 500 miles? The tank is 17.7 I think, so if it too 17 you got just over 29mpg 16 would be just over 31mpg? Trust me I believe you. My SC out performs the sticker estimates all the time. My total driving average is 24.5. It is odd though no matter how good mpg I get and fill up it never says more than 365 or something till empty? It will stay there for like 80 mile before dropping

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
Just Did a 350 mile round trip to SLC UT Same route
First trip...Starting at 1am 36-40 degrees app 73-75mph 26mpg Fred Meyer gas a bunch of full throttle passes
Coming back starting at 11am 50-69degrees 75-77mph 32.6 Sinclair gas a bunch of full throttle passes

I could see I was doing a lot better by the time I hit half tank... going it was around 200 miles and coming back app 280 miles

My truck really prefers warmer temperatures....

Was passed by another SC Black SEL Turbo nice to see another on the road

·
Registered
457 Posts
It also takes computers a at least 100-200 miles to reset to highway economy. It use to take a lot longer in my older chevy trucks, like entire fuel tank then refill. Then it would get 5-7mpg better.
I have noticed with my SC it seems to take about 150 miles on average then mpg's jump up.
At least that is what it seems like to me, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
I have noticed......Like this morning after yesterdays big drive... I was getting 28mpg when normally its 22-24mpg..(but it was warmer this morning upper 40's)
But the temperature seems to be the main for me...
Morning 6.8 mile drive 30's temp... 22-24mpg.....going home 6.8 miles 60's 26-28 and sometimes jumps into the 30's mpg
But if it's the computer I wish it would kick in sooner... 350miles and avg 26mpg.... Same drive but warmer out 32.6mpg.. and I even noticed a lot better mpg at half tank.
But even at 26mpg it's hitting EPA So I can't complain... and I mostly drive in town so that mpg matters most for me...
I'll be doing the trip again 5/6 and starting out later( if 5am is later:) So I should see better mpg on the trip to SLC and back,,We will see

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
View attachment 9408

:ROFLMAO:

For real though, I've averaged 23MPG the last 1500 miles of combined city/highway driving. The EPA figures are pretty spot on for me.
My avg is in my drop down signature 22.7mpg....that's 100% city all my avg's are done on fuelly so they are hand done..

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I’ll leave this right here… 😙
Managed 38 mpg, actually had it up to 39mpg of driving I-40/I-81… after 4-1/2 hr in total, it dropped down to 36mpg
In NORMAL mode, with Smart Cruise Control and HDA activated. Some drafting…
Brought back memories when hypermiling with my Honda Hybrid CR-Z
View attachment 8057
IMHO the SC does really well on the HWY at 65-70mph. The stated 28mpg is certainly doable on average on flat ground and even way better if closely drafting with all the safety features on. I get stoked every time I get over 30mpg going from North Los Angeles County to The OC. I think it's slightly downhill too...

·
Registered
457 Posts
IMHO the SC does really well on the HWY at 65-70mph. The stated 28mpg is certainly doable on average on flat ground and even way better if closely drafting with all the safety features on. I get stoked every time I get over 30mpg going from North Los Angeles County to The OC. I think it's slightly downhill too...
I find my SC likes it's nose in the open air and not up another vehicles butt. And also the more long runs I do the better it does! The more short trips the worse it does. So I keep thinking that the computers take time to sorta reboot if you go from lots of short trips/city to highway/long trips. And when it does bang better fuel numbers. Just like my old big chevy real trucks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I find my SC likes it's nose in the open air and not up another vehicles butt. And also the more long runs I do the better it does! The more short trips the worse it does. So I keep thinking that the computers take time to sorta reboot if you go from lots of short trips/city to highway/long trips. And when it does bang better fuel numbers. Just like my old big chevy real trucks.
Basically, the closer you are less wind resistance… the larger the vehicles in front the more efficient as well..

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
Ok, the second trip to Salt Lake City in two weeks.... 350mi each way leaving at 4:30 am 73-76mph 30.5 mpg coming back at 1:30 pm 80mph 28.8mpg with A/C on partway Not too shabby :) I would call both 95-97% all freeway
Also, the computer/SC is pretty accurate in its mpg estimates

I'm a Poster child for a Hood Protector/Shield LOL
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
Hampton gray SEL Premium
44 Posts
A couple weeks ago I realized my mpg was going up. 30 mpg on a couple highway drives at 70 - 75 mph. I had just hit 3000 on the odometer, so I don't know if there is a computer adjustment at 3000 miles, or "summer" gas, or temperature. My work commute mileage has gone up too from ~16 mpg to 19 mpg. Pleasantly surprised.

SEL Premium

401 - 420 of 448 Posts