Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
441 - 448 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Akfan probably meant that it underestimates. The larger the tank, usually the more extreme its off. Like w/ a 32 gallon Ram, when it says predicts 0 miles (it won't actually go that close, it just stops displaying an estimate but you can calculate by looking at your trip meter from earlier estimate), it still has another 4 gallons or so left in the tank.

I think they do this because when modern cars actually run out of gas they don't really give warning and just instantly die and you lose power steering and/or brakes, so they tell you that you're empty long before you truly are.
SC has been very consistent when I fuel up when DTE shows 0. From my experience, Honda, Toyota and Hyundai usually allow for 70 to 90km or range when DTE shown at zero

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium
84 Posts
Did a road trip this weekend. Traveling East to West in the high plains at 69mph I got 33.8 mpg with my turbo. Going South to North going up into the mountains at 75-80mpg I got 27.3 mpg.

I'll report what the reverse trip is tomorrow.

Edit

On the way back down I average 30mpg (high of 38 at one point). Going West to East I got 25ish but that was with a 30kt quartering head wind. Average was 28.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
937 Posts
On my Ultimate/Limited, using paddles, 6th to 7th can be performed at 71km/h, if left to auto its nearer 80, 7th to 8 can be manually shifted (paddle blip) at 84/km/h, left to auto its over 90 km/h Typical road for me (80% of my daily drive) is 80km/h +5, If I relied solely on auto I'd be in 7th gear and 1800 RPM, with the paddle shift l can be speed limit +/- and below 1500rpm in 8th.(still feeling sporty, not lugging, Auto will push it to 7th if there is an incline )
Same trip, same direction, same speeds, using ACC with the wife diving the SC, it averages 26-28 MPG, I average nearer 32, difference? I ride the paddle shifter to 8th/1500 rpm, she's at 17-1800 rpm, as she's not comfortable, with the shifter or the paddles, always driven an auto shift.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
430 Posts
Did a road trip this weekend. Traveling East to West in the high plains at 69mph I got 33.8 mpg with my turbo. Going South to North going up into the mountains at 75-80mpg I got 27.3 mpg.

I'll report what the reverse trip is tomorrow.
I haven't seen anything close to that, you must have had the wind in your favor, or my foot just has a little more lead installed in it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
my range showed 20 miles today after I left work and I was only able to put 15 gallons in. 2.7 gallons/15% is a pretty big reserve.
Depends on the mileage you were getting: 2 gallons could be 30 miles or 60 miles of range. Sitting still at a traffic light your getting 0 MPG which makes the calculation go even lower. Due to the shape of the tank and location of the fuel pickup its possible that last 1/2 gallon isn't really accessible. As @JASmith said OEMs tend to be conservative with the DTE calculation so people don't run the tank dry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just did a 2500 KM trip from Toronto to New Brunswick. I averaged around 10l/100 km, I did not try to do anything to improve gas, some points near the end it improved to 9.6. I averaged between 110 and 125 KPH

441 - 448 of 448 Posts