Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
SEL AWD (no activity)
33.4mpg on a 200 mile road trip.
I was blow away when I left the house with 3/4 of a tank and the trip computer said I would just make it with my remaining mileage in the tank and then arrived with 120 miles remaining. :)
Now we're talking! 馃憤

Registered
SEL AWD (no activity)
33.4mpg on a 200 mile road trip.
I was blow away when I left the house with 3/4 of a tank and the trip computer said I would just make it with my remaining mileage in the tank and then arrived with 120 miles remaining. :)
Nice, I saw the same thing in testing of the Ridgeline that it tends to surpass EPA estimates. About how fast were you going on average do you think?

Registered
Nice, I saw the same thing in testing of the Ridgeline that it tends to surpass EPA estimates. About how fast were you going on average do you think?
Also, terrain and traffic?

Registered
YOWZA!
(Toot the horn when you pass mm313)

Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
I average about 36 miles each way to work daily that is mostly highway. The rest of my driving is usually around town. I have been averaging 22 mpg combined so far

Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
Push the reset trip button and drive around the for one month and let us know what the mileage shows after that. It should be fairly accurate averaging out long trips and short runs to grocery store.

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE, AWD, Sahara Sand color
I wanted to follow up with my previous post. I only drive on the interstate going to church and back. I measured this and it is 16 miles of interstate since I filled up, the rest is all in the community. Would it be possible to do 400 miles on a tank? Note the fuel gauge compared to the calculated miles per gallon and calculated distance remaing. This is the SE non turbo, AWD.
Vehicle Plant Car Gadget Personal luxury car

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I wanted to follow up with my previous post. I only drive on the interstate going to church and back. I measured this and it is 16 miles of interstate since I filled up, the rest is all in the community. Would it be possible to do 400 miles on a tank? Note the fuel gauge compared to the calculated miles per gallon and calculated distance remaing. This is the SE non turbo, AWD.
View attachment 2547
I'd say you could make 400, based on that!

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It's not representative of much, but on my 75 mile trip home from the dealer, virtually all freeway and running between 60 and 75mph, I got 28.8mpg. It kinda surprised me and pleased me at the same time. Makes me wonder if highway mileage of 30mpg is doable!

Registered
View attachment 2547
Even the analog gauges are very stylish and probably more reliable in the long term too.

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm trying to get a regular in-town mileage reading. I bought my SC in another town about 75 miles away, so the first tank was skewed by the highway drive home. Then I had to go back to the dealer get my windows tinted, so the second tank was similarly skewed.

Now this third tank should tell me what I'm going to get in town when I get some more miles on it, but I'm thinking it's going to be around 20mpg.

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
SEL AWD 2.5L non-turbo

In my first 1,912 miles the computer says 24.4mpg. When I calculate it manually based on a full tank at 0 miles and all gallons added after that, I get 26.4mpg. My dealer gives you a full tank at purchase, which was 62 miles in my case. If I use that as the base full tank I get 25.5mpg.

From the full tank I added at 1,912, I will be manually calculating the mpg for each tank and keep a cumulative average mpg to see if the computer and the manual calculations merge into one accurate average number.

Registered
SEL 2.5 AWD Non-Turbo.

I'm averaging much better that others listed here. I'm pretty easy on the vehicle and set my cruise at 65 - 70 mph when on the highway. The last tank was about 300 miles of highway the rest was city driving in Chicago.

But you can see that my overall average is 29.1 mpg. So I'm extremely happy with the MPG so far. As I start adding the kayak on the roof it will drop for sure.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive design Auto part

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Nowadays I seldom even get on a freeway, so my driving is virtually 100% "in town". At the moment I'm running 20.0 mpg at 750 miles, but that's up from about 19.6 on my previous tank.

I'm going on a 2500-mile roundtrip run to Phoenix, AZ in a week or so, and it will be interesting to see what kind of highway mileage I'll get. The trip includes about 200 miles each way of 80mph speed limit interstate (which I'll drive at 85), and I'm sure the mileage on that stretch will suck. :(

41 - 60 of 138 Posts