Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there’s a way to keep the rear cross-traffic alerts active while disabling the automatic emergency brake? I find the alerts to be very useful. However, I live on a road with heavy traffic and often while I’m backing out of my driveway, the system will pick up the traffic from the far lane (traffic going in the opposition direction) and the emergency brake activates while I’m backing out. If anything this is a safety hazard for me, not a feature.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Does anyone know if there’s a way to keep the rear cross-traffic alerts active while disabling the automatic emergency brake? I find the alerts to be very useful. However, I live on a road with heavy traffic and often while I’m backing out of my driveway, the system will pick up the traffic from the far lane (traffic going in the opposition direction) and the emergency brake activates while I’m backing out. If anything this is a safety hazard for me, not a feature.
It's user configurable. You can turn it off, set it to give you an audible warning or brake.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Do you know where that setting would be? As far as I can tell it’s both or neither.
I don't have a limited so I can't verify the steps. I once saw a video about configuring this but can't find it now. IIRC you can configure it to DO any of the following: display BRAKE on the display and in the mirrors, give an audible warning or actively apply braking. The setting you showed obviously turns it on or off. I think there are other menus where you need to configure the actions I previously listed.

Can someone who has a Limited or Canadian Ultimate help @CrackityJones out?

After looking closer at your screenshot it does look like what you said is true. The video I saw must have been for a different Hyundai model.

I'm surprised at this because as you've pointed out there are situations where active braking is not desirable.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
As far as I can tell it’s both or neither.
I agree... but check the manual as there multiple pages about the RCCA system. It specifically mentions turning off RCCA if you towing as there are situations in which it will see the trailer and apply the brakes automatically.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I turned it off but it’s not a setting that saves after the car is turned off. So I can either navigate to it in the menu and turn it off every time I leave my house, or deal with the possibility of unnecessary automatic e-braking every time I leave my house. 🤨

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Well I turned it off but it’s not a setting that saves after the car is turned off. So I can either navigate to it in the menu and turn it off every time I leave my house, or deal with the possibility of unnecessary automatic e-braking every time I leave my house. 🤨
or back into the driveway? there's no front cross traffic nanny as far as I know

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
592 Posts
I'm surprised at this because as you've pointed out there are situations where active braking is not desirable.
There sure are times. Like when the snow plow leaves a pile of snow at the end of your driveway in the street. My wife was backing her Outback out into the street from our driveway and the car slammed on the brakes. I recognized the 12" high pile of snow and stopped immediately. That was during a 24" snow storm, so there was really no where to put the snow. She was just trying to back over that narrow pile into the clear path left by the grader.

You guys in Canada ought to have a lot of fun with that system. We could turn it off on the Outback.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.