Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, noticed on the 2022 SantaCruz SEL Premium a "clunk" coming from the rear end. No cargo items in bed, nothing inside the vehicle. Sounds like it's coming from underneath the rear end.

Happens in all conditions, driving over the parking lot, bumps in road, joints in road.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ultimate Twilight Black
138 Posts
I recently heard a clunk as well while driving, turns out that the right side of the tailgate wasn't fully closed (felt a little wiggly), while the left was.

· Registered
4 Posts
Today, noticed on the 2022 SantaCruz SEL Premium a "clunk" coming from the rear end. No cargo items in bed, nothing inside the vehicle. Sounds like it's coming from underneath the rear end. Happens in all conditions, driving over the parking lot, bumps in road, joints in road.
Did you figure out what it was? I have a mystery noise in mine.

· Registered
25 Posts
Update: confirmed my 22 Santa Cruz sel premium does have a bad rear differential. Fun times. Tranny is being looked at as well. Won't see my car for about a week or so.
Did you get your car back? If so did the noise go away? Mine sounds like something in the suspension is hitting something (wheel well or another part underneath) every time i hit the smallest bump forward or reverse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts