Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Reason I ask is that my brunk is a bear to get open. I have to work with it for awhile to finally get it to unlock and open. So if it IS a recall on the brunk latch, I'm all over it.

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
My quick searches didn't yield any recalls at all for the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz, even though some have confirmed the tanneau cover issue. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Limited
Reason I ask is that my brunk is a bear to get open. I have to work with it for awhile to finally get it to unlock and open. So if it IS a recall on the brunk latch, I'm all over it.
The tension of the tonneau cover being pulled towards the canister puts tension on the latch. It can make it hard to depress the handle. Use the tonneau handle "surround" to pull it towards you. As you have it pulled towards you, depress the handle will be easy move and release the latch.

I use my four fingers to pull it back and my thumb to depress the handle. No issues doing it this way.

Registered
My quick searches didn't yield any recalls at all for the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz, even though some have confirmed the tanneau cover issue. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
A "Recall" is a safety issue. Fixing the latch is a repair campaign.

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
The tension of the tonneau cover being pulled towards the canister puts tension on the latch. It can make it hard to depress the handle. Use the tonneau handle "surround" to pull it towards you. As you have it pulled towards you, depress the handle will be easy move and release the latch.

I use my four fingers to pull it back and my thumb to depress the handle. No issues doing it this way.
No, I'm talking about the release handle for the in-bed trunk, not the tonneau.

Registered
Hmm - that's weird, one push on the button for me and it pops right open. It does sound like you have a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.