Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1999 my Wife bought a 1999 Saab 9-3 SE. it was a beautiful dark green with a tan leather interior. But a problem it had was it got backed into FOUR TIMES and all were hit and runs. I put this down to the high tail lights and dark unbroken surface of the rear of the car.

It’s a concern I have about my black limited. I want to add some reflectors to it without it looking ridiculous or like it should have a box of tissues on the parcel shelf…if it had a parcel shelf. So I looked around and searched for ‘black reflectors’ and to my surprise they exist! These are supposed to look black during the day but reflect quite brightly at night.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARS82HS?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

I will follow up after they arrive, but my hope is to add a few in strategic locations to the front. I can’t imagine what it would cost if some clown took it out and took off. I just know that there are plenty of clowns in the circus out there!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not the worst. Had a thought about adding something to the indention along the rake on the rear of the cab to the truck bed. Maybe adding something on along the top of the bed like you mentioned. Might work as tabs where the 'easter egg' Santa Cruz icons are. I dislike the term

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They came in and they are pretty interesting. They don't react to direct light but if you take a flash photo of them they just light up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how they will work with headlights but I will test them soon.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
In 1999 my Wife bought a 1999 Saab 9-3 SE. it was a beautiful dark green with a tan leather interior. But a problem it had was it got backed into FOUR TIMES and all were hit and runs. I put this down to the high tail lights and dark unbroken surface of the rear of the car.

It’s a concern I have about my black limited. I want to add some reflectors to it without it looking ridiculous or like it should have a box of tissues on the parcel shelf…if it had a parcel shelf. So I looked around and searched for ‘black reflectors’ and to my surprise they exist! These are supposed to look black during the day but reflect quite brightly at night.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARS82HS?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

I will follow up after they arrive, but my hope is to add a few in strategic locations to the front. I can’t imagine what it would cost if some clown took it out and took off. I just know that there are plenty of clowns in the circus out there!
Consider also using door guard reflectors.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQJMC6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QCSKB56PC944N2M374BW?psc=1

I swear by these. My sisters car was an all black de-badged, Chrome deleted, smoked lights …2014 elantra. Loved that car. Anywho, similar problem made worse by the fact she attended college in the city. These things are ugly but they definitely help catch the eyes of oncoming traffic in pitch black side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Consider also using door guard reflectors.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQJMC6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QCSKB56PC944N2M374BW?psc=1

I swear by these. My sisters car was an all black de-badged, Chrome deleted, smoked lights …2014 elantra. Loved that car. Anywho, similar problem made worse by the fact she attended college in the city. These things are ugly but they definitely help catch the eyes of oncoming traffic in pitch black side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. Good idea. I bought some red reflectors like this I was considering for the back of the truck but they just look too cheesy and may fade according to reviews. Adding them to the doors is a perfect way to repurpose them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well…I had high hopes for the black reflectors but my initial experiment wasn’t a positive one. I put a sticker on my garage door where it would be just above my low beams but hit by the high beams. I was less than impressed.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Vehicle door
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Vehicle door
Hood Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would probably take a fairly large patch of the hexagons to be noticeable.
Gesture Rectangle Font Pattern Circle
Gesture Rectangle Font Pattern Circle

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
40 Posts
Maybe I’m missing something, but I see nothing in either of your pictures. Guess that’s proof they don’t work.🤣

·
Registered
651 Posts
One of the problems with this type of reflectors is that they work too well. They are supposed to catch light and bounce it back exactly at the source. (They're used on lunar missions to set out survey markers for earth scientist to shine lasers at.) If you look at it with your eye near the headlight, you should get a very bright reflection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts