Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to increase the time of the remote start after the doors are unlocked. I start mine in the morning and then unlock it to load my kids in and it shuts off about 30 seconds after I open the doors. My kids take way longer than that to load into the back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The issues is once the doors open, you have about 30 seconds to get the keys inside the vehicle before it cuts off for safety and security purposes. Place your keys in the cupholder and then continue loading the kids and it should keep running.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
I could swear I remotely started my SC with the key fob when I first got it. I tried just now and couldn't figure out how to do it.

Is it possible to remotely start the vehicle with just the key fob and if so how do you do it?

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could swear I remotely started my SC with the key fob when I first got it. I tried just now and couldn't figure out how to do it.

Is it possible to remotely start the vehicle with just the key fob and if so how do you do it?
hold down the remote start button on the key fob when the doors are locked.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
353 Posts
Hmm, mine beeps after one click - same as pushing the fob lock button
I was referring to the door lock button on the fob. One time does lock it with a beep. I'm not sure if the alarm is activated at that point or not. I assumed double-clicking must activate the alarm since that is when the SC can be remotely started with the fob.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I was referring to the door lock button on the fob. One time does lock it with a beep. I'm not sure if the alarm is activated at that point or not. I assumed double-clicking must activate the alarm since that is when the SC can be remotely started with the fob.
Works with just one click of the lock and remote start with the fob. Wasn’t sure as my car is always locked, so I just tried it out, unlocked it remotely, locked it up again and hit remote start. So one click to lock and remote start.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Works with just one click of the lock and remote start with the fob. Wasn’t sure as my car is always locked, so I just tried it out, unlocked it remotely, locked it up again and hit remote start. So one click to lock and remote start.
Interesting, it doesn't work that way for mine. One click and holding the remote start does nothing. Clicking it twice and the remote start works. I have a plain SEL AWD without activity package. Don't know why it would work differently for higher level versions.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Interesting, it doesn't work that way for mine. One click and holding the remote start does nothing. Clicking it twice and the remote start works. I have a plain SEL AWD without activity package. Don't know why it would work differently for higher level versions.
Perhaps it’s a Canada vs US things.
like for the door lock, we have a physical button on our door handle to lock. The US version has a capacitive touch area on the door handle to lock.

·
Registered
353 Posts
OK, ignore the old man 👨‍🦳 from the US, he seems to be very confused. This afternoon, prior to my post, it seemed that I had to double click the lock. Single clicking wouldn't allow the remote lock, it seemed. Now, retesting, it works with single-clicking the lock. I don't get it, I don't understand, remote starting does work.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
I would prefer a button on the door handle. It always works on my Tucson. The touch area on my SC is hit or miss when I touch it. A lot of times I just use the key fob to unlock the door.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts