Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct. I just assumed (without paying enough attention) since that's where they are on 99% of vehicles. Tucked up in the bumper, access was actually pretty easy. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you describe what we need to do for the access to the reverse lights? Hardware? How to get to it? Changing the bulb? Wiring? TY
I installed an aftermarket light strip just below the tailgate. It plugs directly into the four pin trailer hitch plug and all the lighting works except for the reverse lights which aren't part of the trailer hitch wiring. To get the reverse lights to work you have to hard wire it into the reverse light wiring which is fairly accessible in the bumper.
Tire Wheel Bicycle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed an aftermarket light strip just below the tailgate. It plugs directly into the four pin trailer hitch plug and all the lighting works except for the reverse lights which aren't part of the trailer hitch wiring. To get the reverse lights to work you have to hard wire it into the reverse light wiring which is fairly accessible in the bumper. View attachment 3464
Why am I only now seen pictures of this beast! Post more me likeeeey!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I installed an aftermarket light strip just below the tailgate....
Hey, @Fyngerprynt, I'm thinking of getting one of those strips mainly for its additional light while reversing. I'm hoping for something very bright in a small package. Is yours pretty bright?

Also, does your light strip have sequential turn signals?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, @Fyngerprynt, I'm thinking of getting one of those strips mainly for its additional light while reversing. I'm hoping for something very bright in a small package. Is yours pretty bright?

Also, does your light strip have sequential turn signals?
Yes it is bright but I'm not sure how much additional lighting it provides during reverse because of where I mounted it, that space beneath the tailgate and the bumper on the vertical sill edge of the truck bed liner. It fits perfectly between the screws at either end. It would be brighter if you put it on the bottom of the tailgate, but I did not want to cover my stripe or stick it to the paint. Yes, the one I purchased has sequential turn signals, I will add the Amazon link. Make sure to get the 48 inch version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.