Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SC is just myself and my two Australian Shephers so I'm thinking about removing the rear seats and just making a built in dog bed for both of them with storage underneath.

Just curious how easy it is the remove the rear seats. They seem easy enough.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I've rolled some ideas around in my head to remove the rear seat and plastic storage bin, then make a flat wood platform at the height of the center hump with R&L hinged storage compartments underneath. Just ideas in my head at this point. I like the idea of having a larger area for camping gear to be locked up in, plus an optional sleeping area for a small person that is wider than the rear seat bottom cushion. Would work for dogs too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did it for the Bose subwoofer replacement-it's about six bolts-not too hard at all!
I need to remove my back seat and check the Bose sub. I get no bass from there at all. The only bass I get is from the front door speakers and if I turn the fader to the rear no bass at all. No sound at all from behind the rear seatl

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was gonna say the same thing - Why not just remove the floor bin, and put the seats up? Same floor space, less work and you keep the seats in...? That's what Ill be doing.
I will have 2 way ham radio equipment located under the rear seat and I need to get the antenna cables out to the bed where the antennas will be mounted.

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited
224 Posts
Two 14mm bolts on each left and right side bracket. Three 14mm bolts on center dual seat belt clip bracket and one 14mm on the single seat belt clip bracket towards the passenger side, and bottom comes out. Once out, there is one 14mm bolt on the left and one on the right in what looks like suspended brackets. Next, go up above the seats and there are two pop out plastic covers with one 14mm nut under each, once removed, pop the back seats up and take them out
Textile Sleeve Luggage and bags Grey Bag

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood Grey

Automotive tire Hood Grille Water Automotive lighting

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Car seat cover

Shoe Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD 2.5L Turbo
135 Posts
Two 14mm bolts on each left and right side bracket. Three 14mm bolts on center dual seat belt clip bracket and one 14mm on the single seat belt clip bracket towards the passenger side, and bottom comes out. Once out, there is one 14mm bolt on the left and one on the right in what looks like suspended brackets. Next, go up above the seats and there are two pop out plastic covers with one 14mm nut under each, once removed, pop the back seats up and take them out
View attachment 5569
View attachment 5566
View attachment 5567
View attachment 5565
View attachment 5570
View attachment 5568
It should be noted that you’ll need a deep 14mm socket for the nuts on the top / back above the seats. You could put a wrench on those, but I didn’t want to risk damaging parts to remove.

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD 2.5L Turbo
135 Posts
Yes!

I found a great place to run the power. Run it along the cable for the hood release and through the same grommet. Talk about a great find! I’ll add pictures in a little bit.
OK, here is a shot from inside the cabin along the hood release cable and through the grommet.
Audio equipment Circuit component Electrical wiring Cable Wire

And here it is through the firewall. I removed the battery to get to it.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Fixture Trunk Automotive exterior

1 - 20 of 32 Posts