Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault has debuted their pickup truck ahead of the Frankfurt auto show and it looks like it could be a competition for the SantaCruz in the compact pickup segment.

It's slated to go into production in 2017 and it was designed with softer lines in the front as opposed to the more angular lines most full sized trucks are designed with. There aren't a lot of information out regarding it's specs but it's payload capacity is around 2,200 lb, able to seat 5 passengers, built-in storage compartments in the truck bed (similar to the Ram Rebel) and the power-train is a longitudinally-mounted twin-turbocharged unit.

I've attached a few pictures of it but there are more here: motortrend.com

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
But I assume that this is not going to be sold in North America because Renault doesn't sell cars in North America.

·
Registered
14 Posts
interesting concept. I like the overall look minus the thing on the roof. And I really like the in-bed storage. But, as mentioned above, despite it being named Alaska, it wont be sold here. :(

·
Registered
729 Posts
But I assume that this is not going to be sold in North America because Renault doesn't sell cars in North America.
Sure seems like something more for Europe and even south america... not sure if they get Renaults, but they usually get some things way off from what we get.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It could indeed work out especially with them connect to Nissan, that relation will help them out especially when it comes to distribution.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the Santa Cruz be sold elsewhere besides America? Depending on where they are release Hyundai may have to compete with Renault.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Will the Santa Cruz be sold elsewhere besides America? Depending on where they are release Hyundai may have to compete with Renault.
Euro market might be one place for it and aside from that i'm not sure about anywhere else. With proper analysis i'm sure there's more that can be included.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts