Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are people hearing from the concierge after making reservations? I made mine nearly a week ago and have yet to hear anything... not that there is anything "new" to report. Has it been via phone call or email for people?

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
765 Posts
When I signed up back in April they called me within a few minutes to confirm details before charging my card. Email confirmation came shortly after.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I reserved back in April and received a call within a week, which surprised me. But they just said they'd have more info at a later date. Kind of a worthless call, really.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. Most people seem to get a call right away. Perhaps it was because I ordered on a weekend? My card was charged and I got a very generic confirmation email.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, have you all received anything substantive besides what is on the web site? Options lists? Proposed delivery dates? Anything that would justify paying $100 for "insider" status?

·
Registered
116 Posts
So, have you all received anything substantive besides what is on the web site? Options lists? Proposed delivery dates? Anything that would justify paying $100 for "insider" status?
Only thing I found the concierge useful was when I changed color and dealer. No info since then. I am considering canceling my $100 since the dealer won't necessarily get your exact config but will match you to a similar vehicle. You then have to give them the reservation letter in order to get it applied to your purchase. Ford doesn't require money down to do a reservation for the Maverick, not that I am interested in a Ford. If the SC is delayed and I don't buy before October, the reservation gets refunded anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For what it's worth, I put down my $100 on the day of the launch. I did get a call about an hour after later from the concierge. Total waste of time in that all they did was confirm what I had just put on their own website an hour earlier. Then the marketing questions started... did I plan to pay cash, finance or lease the vehicle. I told them that I would answer that if they would tell me the price of the car, any financing incentives that will be available at delivery and the money factor for the lease. As I dove into the fine print, I realized that I had done nothing but "tie" myself to one specific dealership. I prefer to be able to easily take my business where the best deal and service is being offered. About a week later, I requested and soon after received a refund. This "deposit" does not allow you to actually order your car, or even assure you that you WILL get one at launch. Total hooie if ya ask me.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Same experience as above here. Call simply confirmed my entries on the website, then questions about how I intend to buy. I was honest with them and told them I planned to purchase, was prequalified already, may have a trade in and what it was (but depends on what you are offering for it) and said I'm open to using Hyundai financing if they have a better rate or special incentive financing like the 0% they are offering on Tucson's. All information from me to them that has nothing to do with my hopefully reserving an early chance at purchase.

She did tell me that the interior would be all black, which is what I want. She couldn't tell me if it had a trailer hitch included like most trucks. That was the only option I requested and the reason I left that box unchecked.

IIRC the only statement relating to timeframe was this mid to late summer.

PS: I have a friend that went through the Ford Bronco Sport early reservation process and it did actually reserve his place in line and they took his "order" in detail. Everything went smoothly at the dealer when it arrived and no price gouging or surprises occurred. I believe it cost him $1,000 (not $100) and that was taken off the retail price. He claims they were priced/selling for $3,000 more when he picked it up, so it worked out for him. Smart companies offer great deals to early adopters to get their cars out in view with enthusiastic buyers that serve a marketing function for them. Hyundai would be smart to give "insiders" some kind of perk for playing their insider game with them; something like a $1,000 in upgrades or the like. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am considering canceling my $100 since the dealer won't necessarily get your exact config but will match you to a similar vehicle. You then have to give them the reservation letter in order to get it applied to your purchase.
You can get what you want. The dealer gets an allocation and places his order against that for the models and configs he wants. Establish a dialog with your dealer, and make sure the spec you want is in his order que. I hope to be in the first allocation wave and will sit down with the dealer to spec my SC before his orders go in...

·
Registered
912 Posts
As I said in another thread I knew this "reservation" was a marketing scam to collect your information, so I didn't send them a dime.

Smart companies offer great deals to early adopters to get their cars out in view with enthusiastic buyers that serve a marketing function for them.
100% agree Hyundai should offer some kind of bonus for those that are willing to put down a deposit, like a free upgrade to nicer floor mats or mud flaps, pretty much anything as a thank you. Heck at this point just telling the "insiders" how much their vehicle (as configured) is going to cost would be a massive step forward in customer service.

Apparently all this does is reserve your place in line. If the SC is a hot seller with limited stock then those with deposits will get delivery of a vehicle sooner. I am not one of those people who needs this vehicle right away so guess I'll be waiting. Regardless I'm sure a dealer will be happy to take my money and put my order in whenever the time comes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can get what you want. The dealer gets an allocation and places his order against that for the models and configs he wants. Establish a dialog with your dealer, and make sure the spec you want is in his order que. I hope to be in the first allocation wave and will sit down with the dealer to spec my SC before his orders go in...
I visited the dealer the dealer and asked about the SC and mentioned my reservation. The salesperson didn't even know about the reservation process or if they will get allocation. He took my number and I haven't received a call since.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I visited the dealer the dealer and asked about the SC and mentioned my reservation. The salesperson didn't even know about the reservation process or if they will get allocation. He took my number and I haven't received a call since.
I have to laugh at this! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I reserved on the 16th and finally I called them 6/21 after not hearing a word from anyone... Hyundai did confirm my reservation... and said once the Cruz was built my dealer would be told and the process would start. I selected a SEL I'm more about MPG and price
To be honest here I've also reserve a Maverick.... Just in case the Hyundai isn't my cup of tea :)... Got a XLT with the Lux pkg with moonroof and spray in bedliner for $26915 and the Ford dealer did confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the same just got off the phone with concierge they expect dealers to have the test drive vehicles by mid August and pricing sometime around July 4th at the earliest

·
Registered
912 Posts
I did the same just got off the phone with concierge they expect dealers to have the test drive vehicles by mid August and pricing sometime around July 4th at the earliest
Thanks for the update. Hopefully in addition to pricing they have a build site like Ford where we play with all the options. Another thing I'm waiting for the owners manual to be released, you can often learn more from that because it tells you how all the features work.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
906 Posts
Another thing I'm waiting for the owners manual to be released, you can often learn more from that because it tells you how all the features work.
THIS! I always download the owners manuals for pretty much anything I'm looking to buy, from gadgets to cars. I know most people can't be bothered, buy how else are you going to find out about all the little details the YouTube reviewers will never touch on because they're trivial and less interesting than B-roll to most? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does Hyundai typically have an app for their cars? I like having the manual for my Chevy Volt on my phone any time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 192 Posts