Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
We have an SEL. I thought it might switch the clock display to Standard Time automatically, but it does not. To make the change, go to Settings in the menu > General > Date and Time. Uncheck the box for Daylight Savings Time.
Same here. SEL Premium with the 8" Unit. So, the Daylight Savings Time checkbox is not a "Smart" checkbox that says to automatically set the time based on Daylight savings time like a smartphone or clock or other smart devices. Instead, it's a dumb device that simply adds an hour to the clock time when you enable the Daylight Savings Time checkbox and then subtracts that hour when you uncheck it. In every instance, you need to manually update the clock twice a year.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here. SEL Premium with the 8" Unit. So, the Daylight Savings Time checkbox is not a "Smart" checkbox that says to automatically set the time based on Daylight savings time like a smartphone or clock or other smart devices. Instead, it's a dumb device that simply adds an hour to the clock time when you enable the Daylight Savings Time checkbox and then subtracts that hour when you uncheck it. In every instance, you need to manually update the clock twice a year.
Correct. Still, resetting for the time change is easier than other cars I have had, once you get to the right place in the hierarchy of menus.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't get it - even cars with navigation built-in don't set the clocks automatically. GPS satellites all provide time as well as location, should be easy. In fact, I've had cheap $5 clocks that set their time from the national atomic clock and yet a $40k vehicle can't do it. C'mon man.

P.S. Enough of this switching back and forth an hour - STOP THE MADNESS!!!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Yeah, was a little disappointed that it didn't auto-correct for DST, but really, tap the time, tap the checkbox, done. Pretty simple. But when it's already using GPS time ... why not just go full auto there? Seems like an easy enough programming option? I'll blame the chip shortage, like everyone does for everything right now. LOL

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
487 Posts
Yeah, was a little disappointed that it didn't auto-correct for DST, but really, tap the time, tap the checkbox, done. Pretty simple. But when it's already using GPS time ... why not just go full auto there? Seems like an easy enough programming option? I'll blame the chip shortage, like everyone does for everything right now. LOL
Well, Arizona kinda screws things up, since it doesn't observe DST. And even then, the Navajo Nation within it DOES, so it's not feasible for GPS to distinguish parts of one state for time purposes.

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
Not everywhere in this country observes daylight savings time. I know a lot of people who commute to and from Illinois and Indiana. Most of Indiana doesn't observe it but Illinois does. It would be annoying to see the clock flipping back and forth twice a day. lol

Hyundai made it easy enough to change it twice a year. To me at least.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't get it - even cars with navigation built-in don't set the clocks automatically. GPS satellites all provide time as well as location, should be easy. In fact, I've had cheap $5 clocks that set their time from the national atomic clock and yet a $40k vehicle can't do it. C'mon man.

P.S. Enough of this switching back and forth an hour - STOP THE MADNESS!!!
Well people don't travel around with $5 watch in their pocket

There are many reasons why that button exist...

Some member has explained them above...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.