Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Would you or did you make a road trip to get a Santa Cruz and how far?

• No, I'm strictly local; less than 100 miles

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 100 miles

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 300 miles

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 500 miles

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Any distance

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • International

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you, or did you, take a road trip to buy a Santa Cruz?

I would, but with qualifiers. I have friends/family in various parts of the US and might be willing to travel a fair distance to get an SC if it's near those folks. Especially if travel is cheap. Almost did that a couple days ago but the SC I wanted was sold the night before.

I'd also make a trip if there was a place that I'd like to see. National park, tourist attraction or whatnot.

How about you? Would you or did you travel? I believe I've read that a couple of folks have made a journey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All of my local dealerships were either incompetent or greedy charging over MSRP. Me and my GF took a 400 round trip road trip to Holler Hyundai in Orlando. Charged MSRP and no bulls**t dealer installed accessories or add-ons. Walked out happy and I got to take a nice road trip in my new car!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The round trip to get my SC Limited was 150 miles and I made the trip twice. The first time (Saturday) it hadn’t yet been cleaned up and readied, made a deposit. Then we returned from on Monday to take delivery.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
My round trip to my NEAREST (what I would call my local) dealer is 185 miles. So just over 90 each way. They've been really good to work with. No issues. No "mandatory" markups, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
All of my local dealerships were either incompetent or greedy charging over MSRP. Me and my GF took a 400 round trip road trip to Holler Hyundai in Orlando. Charged MSRP and no bulls**t dealer installed accessories or add-ons. Walked out happy and I got to take a nice road trip in my new car!
I'm local to Orlando so I'll give them a check out around December when I have my down payment :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I went 1,200 miles to buy my C7 but that was a used car where supply is way more random. I feel in love with a particular limited edition color combo (only 500 like mine) and I found 4 for sale in the US. One was much closer (600 miles) but sold before I could make a decision. I did have the advantage of free airline and hotel points due to my job so the trip only cost me time, food and gas. Its actually a really good way to learn about the vehicle since your in it for a long period of time. My the time I got home it felt like MY car already.

Given the break in and trade in factor I'd go about 500 miles for a SC. Hopefully it will not come to that. My target is a November purchase, not sure any supply issues will be solved by then so I may need to re-evaluate the situation and see if waiting longer makes any sense.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited, Sage Gray
41 Posts
I flew from Austin, Texas to Owensboro, Kentucky and drove my SC home the 1000ish miles back.

Considering all of the dealers in Texas were charging above MSRP I figured the combined cost of $500 to fly, get a hotel, and gas for the drive was worthwhile.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
The dealership I bought mine at in Texas is 3.5 miles from home. And I paid MSRP with no markup.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
I didn't plan to go out of state, but the failure of the Hyundai Insider Program and CA dealer marking "MY" reserved vehicle up $14,034 over MSRP kind of forced my hand. Being that I sold my car knowing my new Santa Cruz was arriving, only to have it highjacked by the Hyundai dealership, that left me in a situation that I hadn't planned for. I could only find 3 color and trim matches in the entire USA. One was 1,400 miles away, another 1,800 miles and the last over 2,500 miles as the crow flies. After checking if the closest one would ship at their expense (worth a try...) and getting a no go, but would at my expense with a MSRP sale price. I looked into shipping and a one way plane ticket. Shipping was over $1,500, but a one way ticket was only $118. After working out all the details of price and payment over the phone, plus giving a $1,000 hold deposit while I wired half and secured the other financed half in a cashiers check, I booked the flight. Sat down and planned a mini driving vacation and site seeing trip home once all was finalized. Easiest "in dealer" experience ever, because just about everything was already done. Had a wonderful trip back and got to see 3-4 states that I have never seen. Win-win!

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
94 Posts
The dealership I bought mine at in Texas is 3.5 miles from home. And I paid MSRP with no markup.
Who did you buy from? I am just south of Houston. Since I can't pin down one with my selected trim, I have not gotten to the MSRP discussion yet.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
42 Posts
I didn't plan to go out of state, but the failure of the Hyundai Insider Program and CA dealer marking "MY" reserved vehicle up $14,034 over MSRP kind of forced my hand. Being that I sold my car knowing my new Santa Cruz was arriving, only to have it highjacked by the Hyundai dealership, that left me in a situation that I hadn't planned for. I could only find 3 color and trim matches in the entire USA. One was 1,400 miles away, another 1,800 miles and the last over 2,500 miles as the crow flies. After checking if the closest one would ship at their expense (worth a try...) and getting a no go, but would at my expense with a MSRP sale price. I looked into shipping and a one way plane ticket. Shipping was over $1,500, but a one way ticket was only $118. After working out all the details of price and payment over the phone, plus giving a $1,000 hold deposit while I wired half and secured the other financed half in a cashiers check, I booked the flight. Sat down and planned a mini driving vacation and site seeing trip home once all was finalized. Easiest "in dealer" experience ever, because just about everything was already done. Had a wonderful trip back and got to see 3-4 states that I have never seen. Win-win!
I'm glad you finally got one!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
Who did you buy from? I am just south of Houston. Since I can't pin down one with my selected trim, I have not gotten to the MSRP discussion yet.
Freeman Hyundai in Irving. Lauren Hargreaves was my main salesperson, but I also worked with William Arnold and Erica Bustillos during the process. Everyone at the dealership was very helpful.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts