Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
The rod that holds hood open was bent accidently, where can I find the part number and where can I order new one?
Can you bend it straight enough to use? Back in the mid-1970s we bought a new AMC car. The passenger door was sprung a little and the window did not roll fully into the track. Before leaving the dealership we mentioned it. One of the brothers that ran the dealership grabbed the top part of the door frame and pulled on it hard. The window rolled up fully and we drove off in our new car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
... The passenger door was sprung a little and the window did not roll fully into the track. Before leaving the dealership we mentioned it. One of the brothers that ran the dealership grabbed the top part of the door frame and pulled on it hard. The window rolled up fully and we drove off in our new car.
Ha, ha, nothing has changed in 50 years! My brother works on the assembly line for a major American car company. He says that a bit of Greco-Roman wrestling with the doors is a common fix for many fit-and-finish problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.