Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what type of roof cross bars are in this ad for the Santa Cruz? Haven't seen any like it floating around and the ones I see don't look as "sleek" as the ones in this video. I HATE the OEM cross bars that stick out. Yeah you might have more sideways cargo area but I'm not gonna be carrying more than 2 kayaks at most.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably OE since everything else on it is OE
That was my thought, I can't believe they haven't released them yet. Were coming up to a year and the accessories featured IN THE PROMO for the truck aren't sold? Also saw the underbody protection referenced way back on release notes and were still waiting...

C'mon Hyundai do something...

Leg Human body Jaw Gesture Knee

·
Registered
2022 Blue Stone Limited
27 Posts
Anybody know what type of roof cross bars are in this ad for the Santa Cruz? Haven't seen any like it floating around and the ones I see don't look as "sleek" as the ones in this video. I HATE the OEM cross bars that stick out. Yeah you might have more sideways cargo area but I'm not gonna be carrying more than 2 kayaks at most.

Definitely OE factory roof rails. Exactly what came on my limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I bought these worked great, only put them on when needed. But, look just like the ones in the ad you posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This after,ARKit looks better than the OE roof rack. The Hyundai rack doesn’t have locks. The one in the above link does!
I have a similar rack but I don't like the clamping mechanism. All the weight is placed on the sides of the roof rails and none on the top edge leaving a gap on the top of the roof rail. This looks like it at least rests on top and then clamps to secure it without a gap. Also these look more aerodynamic.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
937 Posts
I do know the OEM bars are Thule (Thule Sweden, stamped on the inside) but with Hyundai Logos on the outside. That is why i'm pretty sure the ones in the video are the Thule flush edge, where the cross bars butt to the towers and not through the towers and overhang.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't received my SC yet, but should be here any day now. I ordered these from Amazon and they look like they should work great.

ROKIOTOEX Roof Rack Crossbars Fits HYunda-i Santa Cruz 2022 with Factory Flush Roof Rails Aluminum Black Cross Bars https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09RQXBGDM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_5SE222BEZKB2NG603TAH

I also ordered ordered this Rhino-Rack kayak carrier for the roof
Rhino-Rack Nautic 570 Series - Canoe/Kayak Carrier https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00C2Q38J0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_3BFDV494DH1YQG31A4RA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2022 Limited
130 Posts
The OEM crossbars are a rebranded Thule WingBar Evo. When properly centered they stick out ~2” from the upright towers but are still narrower than the Santa Cruz itself so that the overall vehicle width is unchanged when they’re installed. This doesn’t matter if you still don’t like the aesthetic but I wanted to point it out for the benefit of anyone reading the “sticks out” comment for context.

The crossbars pictured in the original post look similar to the ones made by SNIXWOO. There’s a thread on them here:Installed the SNIXWOO roof rack

·
Registered
96 Posts
The OEM crossbars are a rebranded Thule WingBar Evo. When properly centered they stick out ~2” from the upright towers but are still narrower than the Santa Cruz itself so that the overall vehicle width is unchanged when they’re installed. This doesn’t matter if you still don’t like the aesthetic but I wanted to point it out for the benefit of anyone reading the “sticks out” comment for context.

The crossbars pictured in the original post look similar to the ones made by SNIXWOO. There’s a thread on them here:Installed the SNIXWOO roof rack
They also look very much like the OEM bars that Hyundai has for the Palisade.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't received my SC yet, but should be here any day now. I ordered these from Amazon and they look like they should work great.

ROKIOTOEX Roof Rack Crossbars Fits HYunda-i Santa Cruz 2022 with Factory Flush Roof Rails Aluminum Black Cross Bars https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09RQXBGDM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_5SE222BEZKB2NG603TAH

I also ordered ordered this Rhino-Rack kayak carrier for the roof
Rhino-Rack Nautic 570 Series - Canoe/Kayak Carrier https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00C2Q38J0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_3BFDV494DH1YQG31A4RA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ouch, those are both on the expensive side.
I got these rails for $175: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MSGX7WN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

1 - 20 of 22 Posts