Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Santa Cruz on Thursday. Had the dealer install the factor crossbars which is a shared part with the Tucson. Whistles once you 60 something fierce. Just thought I'd let you know. I wrapped a long bungie around the rack as a temporary fix. Drove it from Washington to Oregon and back this weekend. Overall I'm loving it.

I think cross bars dress it up a bit.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Just got my Santa Cruz on Thursday. Had the dealer install the factor crossbars which is a shared part with the Tucson. Whistles once you 60 something fierce. Just thought I'd let you know. I wrapped a long bungie around the rack as a temporary fix. Drove it from Washington to Oregon and back this weekend. Overall I'm loving it.

View attachment 3071
I had a roof rack is on my sonata and Veloster. They all whistle honestly. Find a good wind deflector and that will fix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know if the OEM roof rack is made by Thule? It looks very similar to the Aerowing, and about half the price.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Does anyone have the OEM cross bars yet? I'm still waiting to hear about the set I ordered.

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
35 Posts

View attachment 3071
Random idea, is it possible that the roof rack is installed 180 degrees off? It looks from your picture that the side in the back is narrower than the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make sure the rub strips are installed on top and on the bottom of the rack. Most dealers don't spend the time to put these parts in. Any gap will make noise

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just installed the factory bars yesterday. I have only been able to hit 65 mph, no highway yet. But no extra noise. Mine are pretty quiet. I'm curious as to the position by measurement that your bars are in. Also there are little sliding covers on the bottom to cover the slot under the bar. I would check to make sure they are closed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here are a few pictures of my install. It's a bit tough to get the underside pictures of the slot cover but you'll see it. (Also there is a "monster" lurking in the background)

Automotive tire Wood Grey Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Musical instrument Plant Alloy wheel Grey

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Asphalt Road surface

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips on the sliding covers. The dealer installed them so maybe they didn't do it right....I'll take a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts