Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Santa Cruz on Thursday. Had the dealer install the factor crossbars which is a shared part with the Tucson. Whistles once you 60 something fierce. Just thought I'd let you know. I wrapped a long bungie around the rack as a temporary fix. Drove it from Washington to Oregon and back this weekend. Overall I'm loving it.

I think cross bars dress it up a bit.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
54 Posts
Just got my Santa Cruz on Thursday. Had the dealer install the factor crossbars which is a shared part with the Tucson. Whistles once you 60 something fierce. Just thought I'd let you know. I wrapped a long bungie around the rack as a temporary fix. Drove it from Washington to Oregon and back this weekend. Overall I'm loving it.

View attachment 3071
I had a roof rack is on my sonata and Veloster. They all whistle honestly. Find a good wind deflector and that will fix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
133 Posts

View attachment 3071
Random idea, is it possible that the roof rack is installed 180 degrees off? It looks from your picture that the side in the back is narrower than the front.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just installed the factory bars yesterday. I have only been able to hit 65 mph, no highway yet. But no extra noise. Mine are pretty quiet. I'm curious as to the position by measurement that your bars are in. Also there are little sliding covers on the bottom to cover the slot under the bar. I would check to make sure they are closed.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
The bungies make you look like a real user instead of a poser. Cool and functional! :cool:

The bed extender loop is cool too.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
I have the santa fe bars but I bought some 6' all black bungies and wrapped them around the bars and the noise is gone and it actually looks kind of cool, in my opinion. View attachment 4300
The way you have your bed extender. How come I haven’t seen it stored like that before?!
Makes me want to get one, for the first time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The way you have your bed extender. How come I haven’t seen it stored like that before?!
Makes me want to get one, for the first time.
I have it sitting like that because I need access to the beer in the cooler for my tailgate at the football game! I needed the bed extender to have enough room to haul everything to the tailgate :) For what it's worth, it's just resting there - not secured in any way, but it does sit nicely.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
921 Posts
On my Avalanche, I kept hearing a fluttering at certain speeds...I thought it might be that insulation in the Fender because it was loose, but it ended up being the cross bars on the roof rack were loose...I had to get a 90 degree Philips head screw driver the tighten them up to the mounting base..

·
Registered
78 Posts

View attachment 3071
They all noisy installing a wind faring will fix it...

View attachment 3071
They all do emits some kind of noise but placing a wind fairing in the front bar will help a lot..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts