Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can add the roof rails on Santa Cruz SEL that did not come with them from factory?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I missed that thread completely. I'm going to be really bummed if so...
I fell ya man. Didn’t need the sun roof, back window, or bed cover. Figure I could get just the rails but it appears that is not the case.

Hoping Thule or Yakima can make an aftermarket system that works on the SEL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fell ya man. Didn’t need the sun roof, back window, or bed cover. Figure I could get just the rails but it appears that is not the case.

Hoping Thule or Yakima can make an aftermarket system that works on the SEL.
I contacted my dealership. They assured me the rails will be coming out from Hyundai in the future.

Not sure how much I trust them though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I contacted my dealership. They assured me the rails will be coming out from Hyundai in the future.

Not sure how much I trust them though.
I really hope they gave you accurate info. But I’m not sure I would completely trust that either if my dealership told me that…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I really hope they gave you accurate info. But I’m not sure I would completely trust that either if my dealership told me that…
Well I actually contacted Hyundai USA through the phone. They said contact your dealership... Which made no sense to me.

Called my dealership 2 days ago and said they would send an email. Got a call back today "confirming" that they will make the rails as a accessory.

For whatever that's worth...

What I don't understand is how they will mount them if there is not screws welded into where the rails will be mounted. Looking at a picture that was taken apart it looks like it was an afterthought by Hyundai.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I actually contacted Hyundai USA through the phone. They said contact your dealership... Which made no sense to me.

Called my dealership 2 days ago and said they would send an email. Got a call back today "confirming" that they will make the rails as a accessory.

For whatever that's worth...

What I don't understand is how they will mount them if there is not screws welded into where the rails will be mounted. Looking at a picture that was taken apart it looks like it was an afterthought by Hyundai.
Yeah, that’s a good point.

Both Thule and Yakima have a system for that exact roof type, I believe they call it “naked”. Essentially it’s a single piece that secures itself in the door. I think that would be the only way to do it…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, that’s a good point.

Both Thule and Yakima have a system for that exact roof type, I believe they call it “naked”. Essentially it’s a single piece that secures itself in the door. I think that would be the only way to do it…
Something like this…
Photograph Light Product Automotive mirror Automotive design

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Something like this… View attachment 3194
The issue with these that worries me is they can cause stress on the door rubber that keeps moisture / rain out. We're talking multiple years of having them on and opening and closing the doors.

If you get a set, please post pictures. It's looking like that may be the only option unless we want to do some drilling to the hood (which can cause the same issues with moisture as stated above if not done right)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The issue with these that worries me is they can cause stress on the door rubber that keeps moisture / rain out. We're talking multiple years of having them on and opening and closing the doors.

If you get a set, please post pictures. It's looking like that may be the only option unless we want to do some drilling to the hood (which can cause the same issues with moisture as stated above if not done right)
I had those on a Civic I owned a while back, didn’t ever notice any issues in regards to moisture.

I called both Yakima and Thule today and neither could give me any info. If they do them I think it might be quite some time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had those on a Civic I owned a while back, didn’t ever notice any issues in regards to moisture.

I called both Yakima and Thule today and neither could give me any info. If they do them I think it might be quite some time.
Thanks for update. Once I see these available I will pull the trigger. Im looking for more storage up on the roof!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Saw a Video with A Hyundai Rep showing off the Accessories and the roof rails were there..Bed a extender...bed mat..and more

·
Registered
17 Posts
I watched that video as well. That truck is the activity package. Those of us that have the SEL don’t have those rails preinstalled.

Maybe I didn’t hear them say it, but did they mention installing the rails on SEL non activity package as an option down the road?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ahhh your right...I didn't notice that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts