Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Looks really bright green in that shot... most other pics I've seen its more muted and dull. Either way... I like it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The one at the introductory presser looked like what we used to call "putty."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I took pictures of a Sage gray yesterday! Let me figure out how to post the images here. The color is much nicer in person as it does look very dull through my phone's camera. It doesn't look like i can use tapatalk to upload images here.

Edit: added photo sage gray

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
765 Posts
Anyone know if there are some "in the wild" near me in The OC? I'm not that far from the California design center. Tempted to go spy the parking lots at the couple Hyundai places I know of here... Really want to see this thing in person.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m still confused..

HyundaiUSA on Instagram posted this pic of the SC and replied with Sage Gray when I asked what color it was:

Looks much darker and very different from the photos you’ve shown.

Strange, cuz the one you posted was def different than the baby blue!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Looks much darker and very different from the photos you’ve shown.
Very much depends on the lighting, camera setting, etc. I would never order a color based on a photo... gotta see it with your own eyes. Many of the YT videos and other online pictures were shot in the shade, but these newer pictures have been in full sun. Looks almost like an olive color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for my late reply, I've been meaning to post more pictures that I took of the sage gray that I posted a few days ago but I've been too busy.

As I mentioned earlier, it looks different in person but it is lighter than in the press Photos. I think in the shade it would be close to the press photos but in full sun it looks different.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting... no back window and no 2.5T indication so maybe the bottom trims don't get that window.... or, it's a Canadian thing.. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting... no back window and no 2.5T indication so maybe the bottom trims don't get that window.... or, it's a Canadian thing.. lol
I also thought this was an odd duck since we only get the turbo awd model in Canada. This car also had regular gauge cluster (no digital tablet thingy) and radio controls with buttons, cloth interior and no sunroof. Oh and it's missing the bed cover as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, it looks different in person but it is lighter than in the press Photos. I think in the shade it would be close to the press photos but in full sun it looks different.
I agree, see the pix in the masthead at the very top of this page. I am anxious to see the other colors in the wild - sun and shade, rather than from controlled photo shoots.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That model is prolly an SE trim.. or SEL trim that doesn’t have option Activity Pkg (tonneau, porthole, sunroof, etc).

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, has anyone else noticed that these per-production versions all seem to have a silver grill, but the one they showed off at the official release had glossy black? Check the photos in the discssion of the blue one. I am not a huge fan of the silver grill. Matte black or gloss black would be better.

·
Registered
26 Posts

That is the photo of the SE from the configurator. Notice the bottom of the grill / top of the bumper is black. The grill appears to be black or dark grey as well. Compare that to:

Where the top of the bumper / grill is silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think all of the pictures on the configurator are of the Limited trim. "Premium dark chrome exterior accents" are listed as a Limited upgrade, but all of the pictures show the dark trim (and the 20" wheels also listed as a Limited item).

See the little note here...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Whoever configured those particular trims of the red Tucson and sage SC got it bass ackwards IMO.

The front of the Tucson is dominated by gloss black, and yet they pair it with bright chrome wheels? What?

The front of the SC is dominated by chrome and silver, and yet they pair it with almost completely black wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not a fan of Sage Grey in these outside photos. Might have to switch to Hampton Grey. But the real kicker for me will be the interior. If the the rumored dark grey leather with orange accents/piping is for real on the limited I’ll order a color that can be equipped with that color interior.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts