Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hyundai mentioned this back when the concept first debuted and this HTRAC system is also being used in the new 2019 Santa Fe. It will have several different driving modes that are intended for different weather conditions. This will determine the amount of power sent to each wheel. Here's a video explaining the basics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't really see anything unique about this system that differentiates it from other AWD setups. Regardless it should mean better drive comfort and performance over rougher terrain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
With this being placed in the new Santa Fe at least we'll get a sense of how capable it is prior to the SC arriving. Most new AWD systems offer different driving modes based upon weather/terrain types.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First drive impressions of the new 2019 Sante Fe Ultimate AWD are looking very good so far. I just hope that Hyundai doesn't also restrict this feature to the top trim Santa Cruz. Its typically a $1,700 option for their AWD models.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hyundai has been smart to make this an option regardless of trim level with their other vehicles. The number of people that decide to purchase their HTRAC AWD system will depend on the impact it has on the SC's fuel economy.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hyundai has been smart to make this an option regardless of trim level with their other vehicles. The number of people that decide to purchase their HTRAC AWD system will depend on the impact it has on the SC's fuel economy.
I don't think that will matter too much especially with gas prices improving and oil discoveries always happening at a rate beyond what most can imagine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It will also depend on where you live, because there are many states that don't see much snow, so they don't even see the need for a winter tire setup. Won't be necessary to have AWD for those regions either. Ford has got some really impressive numbers out of their 4 cylinder in the 2019 Ranger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of automakers are moving towards smaller turbocharged engines for their new trucks, as the technology has advanced to the point where we are seeing output numbers similar to V8's from years ago. I don't particularly like the move to these 9-10 spd gearboxes but I've yet to drive one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts