Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looks a bit like Grand Theft Hyundai. With the Santa Cruz, it is the reverse of the video with most of the power going to the front, not the rear like in sedans.

Interesting, but it;'s all about high-speed handling, and doesn't address starts or normal driving on slippery surfaces (ice, snow, wet surfaces, etc.).

I know it distributes torque based on which wheels have traction, but I was surprised to see that even on dry roads, when I watched the gauge display almost every start from a stop engaged all 4 wheels of my Cruz. I didn't expect it to engage the rear wheels unless it detected slippage, but it acts more like full-time 4WD than I expected.

Interesting, but it;'s all about high-speed handling, and doesn't address starts or normal driving on slippery surfaces (ice, snow, wet surfaces, etc.).

I know it distributes torque based on which wheels have traction, but I was surprised to see that even on dry roads, when I watched the gauge display almost every start from a stop engaged all 4 wheels of my Cruz. I didn't expect it to engage the rear wheels unless it detected slippage, but it acts more like full-time 4WD than I expected.
Yes, it’s nice to have 50% traction to the rear wheels when accelerating from start - reduces/eliminates the under steer at hard launch.
been driving over ice and snow recently, that Traction indicator is nice to have, you can see the HTRAC at work

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.