Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sonata was our first look at a radical change and its only the beginning, my guess is the new Santa Cruz is will follow suit.

In other words, the Santa Cruz concept design takes after a chapter that Hyundai will part ways with. Read on.

“If this generation is Sensuous Sportiness, do we carry on with that? Is that still relevant in five years? Or does it need to take a directional or radical step change?”

While Loasby doesn’t have an answer to that question just yet, he’s definitely not afraid to think outside the box moving forward.

“Do we need conventional sedans anymore?” he asks. “A serious question: How many more petrol-engine, diesel-engine cars do we need? These are fundamentals we’ll get into for the next generations of our high-volume products.”

“What excites me about the new job is the whole move toward EV platforms, autonomy, drones, robotics. What’s next – that will be the challenge for us.”

·
Registered
4 Posts
i like the direction this is going after seeing what the Palisade looks like. it leads me to believe we'll get an even tougher looking mid-size pickup

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following the Palisades design sure seems possible given that every pickup it will compete with is going to be redesigned.
Once they come out, the Santa Cruz concept will look old and fast.
With that said, should we expect a new pickup concept?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts