Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
That popped into my Google news feed just before lunch. Didn't care about the 4Runner bit, but the SC race was interesting to watch. Especially the delay off the line and then just steadily pulling ahead. You could see exactly when the turbo kicked in.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hmm, I guess there is room for a N-line trim for Santa Cruz, just to throw in some features that wouldn't really cost all that much such as a retune for 93 octane, a n-grin or whatever it was called temporary overboost button, and include the software for launch control. I'd actually be fine without any suspension changes.

Particularly the launch control feature should allow for the SC to get street cred as the quickest 0-60 vehicle with a bed you can buy right now.

BTW, that Bronco is 330hp/415ftlbs, so is no slouch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm, I guess there is room for a N-line trim for Santa Cruz, just to throw in some features that wouldn't really cost all that much such as a retune for 93 octane, a n-grin or whatever it was called temporary overboost button, and include the software for launch control. I'd actually be fine without any suspension changes.

Particularly the launch control feature should allow for the SC to get street cred as the quickest 0-60 vehicle with a bed you can buy right now.

I won't be surprised if the vehicle power output already changes with premium gas. This is something pretty common today, even Hyundai isn't new to it either.

Taken directly from the owner's manual.
"Your new vehicle is designed to perform optimally using unleaded fuel having an octane number ((R+M)/2) of 87 (Research Octane Number 91) or higher."

Pay attention to the last word.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Unfortunately, the SC is never gonna get creed for the fastest vehicle with a bed, the Raptor and Trex have it handily beat but if we can get performance around 5.5 secs then that would be amazing and given that the Ford performance tune for the ranger can achieve that, I don't doubt the SC could.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Unfortunately, the SC is never gonna get creed for the fastest vehicle with a bed, the Raptor and Trex have it handily beat but if we can get performance around 5.5 secs then that would be amazing and given that the Ford performance tune for the ranger can achieve that, I don't doubt the SC could.
Oh, yeah, just looked up the TRX and C&D got it at 3.5secs. How about fastest vehicle with a bed under $50K, or the fastest vehicle to go 0-60mph, turn around, and go back where it started from. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts