Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I read initially (may have changed) black is available for all colors in cloth or leather, gray is available for black, white, Hampton gray in cloth or leather, and dark gray with orange accent is available in leather only for black, white, and sage gray.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'd like see some choices instead of just the traditional ocean of all black.

Orange accent with Sage Grey? Not sure how that would look. However I think it would pair well with the Desert Sand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes! I'm so tired of the sea of black interiors - what is with manufacturers? Our last car purchase, we actually had the dark gray seats changed out, as my wife just hates dark depressing interiors. The thousand dollars was able to be wrapped into the car loan, and in hindsight, was totally worth it for us.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Same, I need to know if I need to change my reservation.
Are you confident that your reservation has any special meaning what so ever at this point? I'm wondering about that myself. Odds are if your dealer gets a car close to what you specified, they will call you to see if you want it. I haven't got any concrete response from the dealer yet, just generic emails without substance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you confident that your reservation has any special meaning what so ever at this point? I'm wondering about that myself. Odds are if your dealer gets a car close to what you specified, they will call you to see if you want it. I haven't got any concrete response from the dealer yet, just generic emails without substance.
I was told that Hyundai sends the dealer a car paired with my information paired to it as my 'reserved' unit. I don't know if its just a close match, or what, but thats what I've been hearing.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Clearly some are having better luck with communication from their local dealers than others. I hope what you are told is correct. (y)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been to my local dealer twice, first time I said Santa Cruz and they said "What?" The second they said they heard that Hyundia might be considering making a small truck and that was last week. When time comes to purchase I will be driving a hundred miles or so to a larger dealership.

As for the reservation system, I received a confirming call shortly after they took 100 bucks from my account and nothing since, no calls, no emails, nothing. An email would have been nice!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
Got an email from my dealer tonight (that sounds bad. LOL) that they still have no new word and that they were told they wouldn't get pricing info until the vehicles were en route to them. Seems a bit odd, right? How do you get your options on the reservation that way?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I’m 100% confident we have better information on this site then your average dealer. They only get paid for moving metal off the lot, selling “futures” is for stock brokers not car dealers. Unless you find a sales person who is passionate about the SC your likely just getting smoke blown in your direction.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hard to believe they would make green just for Canada.

Glad to see Dark Gray is a choice... I'm trying to avoid riding around in a cave of all black.

Based on the images of the Tuscon I believe the gray is added to the door panels as well. Isn't the lower dash gray in all models?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
I would find it odd to believe too ... but maybe it's a perk for not having a FWD/non-turbo option? LOL Let's be real, I'd still want the 2.5T/AWD anyway, but they will definitely be priced out of the bottom end of the market here, where the Maverick will dominate. Not that we have Canadian pricing yet, but you can bet the entry level SC will probably be around where the Maverick Lariat 2.0/AWD ends up. I'm expecting about a 10k premium from Mav Lariat to SC Ultimate here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts