Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I also don't expect it to be standard, but Hyundai will definitely need to offer one with a robust design for a couple of reasons:

If the extending bed becomes a reality the toneau cover will need to be integrated with the design and extend with the bed.

Yes it is a truck bed, but with a weather tight toneau cover they can also advertise the cargo area as like a large all weather trunk. Most of the negative comments that I've seen about the SC is how useless the bed looks when compared to other truck beds. However if you compare it to a sedan or small CUV, its advantages are much more obvious.

Some people want to be able to wash out their cargo area without having to worry...

https://youtu.be/bwIlpNBKaOg?t=20s

lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just thought about it but it would be cool if they included RAM Box-like boxes on the bed. Good for quick on the go stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Кредит

Привет!
Сногсшибательная информация!
Желаю посоветовать самый крутой мониторинг кредитов!
Здесь присутствуют самые лучшие предложения!
Самые желаемые кредиты в интернете!ВЫ нигде не найдете заманчивее предложения чем тут!
Вот адрес обменника
rlu ru/1kGIp $$$$$ВОТ САЙТ$$$$$
Прошу перейти и посмотреть самим Всего доброго!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just thought about it but it would be cool if they included RAM Box-like boxes on the bed. Good for quick on the go stuff.
That would definitely be appreciated. Those things are super handy. I would also be on the look out for a bed extender too

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
But the real question will be how to position them? Accessible from the outside just like what RAM does or only from the inside like Nissan? From the inside will ensure no break-in's like what RAM owners are experiencing. It's a trade off.

Santa Cruz being part of an active lifestyle having it on the outside can be easily justified.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The inside boxes in the Titan can be broken into easily as well. These things aren't safe which is why you always have to be mindful of what you're leaving in there. Anyone can open these things with a long screwdriver or the right set of simple tools. I'd prefer the outside ones just for the ease of use and being able to utilize all the space in the bed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I guess when it comes to the sort of active lifestyle it supports, your open to a range of low value things to put in their. If you have Skii's, a snow board, beach gear, expensive golf clubs, whatever.... keep them locked in the bed or cabin, everything else in the boxes.

Overall I wouldn't be too worried once mindful... so what if they take my beer :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pretty much ! If they go through the trouble of breaking a window or trying to jimmy the doors or whatever then pfft, they put in enough work and effort, take it LOL

The beer, I would be pretty upset about. They can have the beef jerky that'll be locked in there, but just please... leave the beer :|

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Colin, what's going to help you is looking into the segment this will sit in. Once you do that most of your questions will be answered, aside from anything very specific to what Hyundai will do. Vehicles in the same segment almost always are built from the same fundamentals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Colin, what's going to help you is looking into the segment this will sit in. Once you do that most of your questions will be answered, aside from anything very specific to what Hyundai will do. Vehicles in the same segment almost always are built from the same fundamentals.
Colin....?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Under rear seat storage is a must. Multi layer deep console between the front seats. Wide pockets in the doors (front and rear) Multi functional console with storage galore.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Under rear seat storage is a must. Multi layer deep console between the front seats. Wide pockets in the doors (front and rear) Multi functional console with storage galore.
toyota is preparing some change to the Tacoma very soon, it will be wise of Hyundai to pay attention to that, Toyota is big on storage and overall practicality.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts